To our friends in Jamaica

How come when I jokingly started calling them Gae Boyz all the PC types jumped down my throat and now it's become a catch phrase. What a fickle group of folk :)

That's happened before. I say something, catch hell, someone else comes along says the same thing and every thing's fine. Must be my negative ions.

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

How come when I jokingly started calling them Gae Boyz all the PC types jumped down my throat and now it's become a catch phrase. What a fickle group of folk :)

That's happened before. I say something, catch hell, someone else comes along says the same thing and every thing's fine. Must be my negative ions.

For the record, I'm not a fan of it and will not calling the the Gae Boyz.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Ok...

"Bus mo' shot" means what, exactly.

To paraphrase, some Jam-tart on the Jamaican board was crowing about how they had bought seats in the Canadian sections to break up our effectiveness as a group. He then said to a Canadian poster:

"Owngoal u a fret already a nuttin nuh start yet. We nuh start **** we BUS SHOT. we go anywhere we want voyagers CYAAA!!! do we NUT'n!!"

I take this to mean that they won't waste time starting crap with Canadians, they'll simply "bus shot" - as in "bust shots", as in "put caps in asses."

In this photo's context, however, it simply means we'll score more goals.

Guest Dave

I hope that any members of the Gay community who read this thread will not be offended by being compared to Jamaican supporters :-)

quote:Originally posted by Dave

I hope that any members of the Gay community who read this thread will not be offended by being compared to Jamaican supporters :-)

dave i guarantee if that banner is erected at this match we gonna be charged for some gay rights infringement.

Guest Dave

So show up early and hang it up in front of the Jamaican section... that way they'll get blamed for it (just kidding)

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

so you completly missed the lesson? you didn't learn anything? you got in trouble for saying half of all jamiacans were on welfare and that the majority of crime was committed by them, both disgustingly gross exxageration. I don't want to argue about this but don't be so full of ****.

anyways, if you really wanted to egg the jamaicans on, they call gay people chi chi men or battymen

edit: yes, maybe we shouldn't do anything that could be taken as homophobic, too bad though, cause Jamaicans more then almost anyone hate getting called gay and the only time I'm ever tempted to call someone gay is when I know there a homophobe

[cheeky comment]

I don't understand the linkage between the photo and the gay community...?

The photo only references the Reggae Boyz using the same broken half-words and marble-mouthed vernacular that is so shockingly rampant on their discussion board. Hence, "Reggae" becomes "Gae."

As an English speaking person, I can barely understand a word they are saying, and we supposedly speak the same language.

I've made no reference to their sexuality, nor did I apply any negative connotation or judgment even if that were the case. They can jerk chicken till the cows come home for all I care.

;)

[/smart arse]

quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

[cheeky comment]

As an English speaking person, I can barely understand a word they are saying, and we supposedly speak the same language.

[/smart arse]

you shouldn't make fun of someone for talking differently. There English is not inferior to yours, it's just different. You may feel differently in the subject if you were a quebecois who heard a person from France refer to Quebecois as dog speak.

I don't think this type of stuff will be very good for the image of the Voyageurs or advance our cause at all. I think we should be focused on creating a pro-Canada atmosphere at the match not an anti-Jamaica atmosphere. The media for one will eat up stuff like this which will make it hard for us to attract other Canadian supporters, those Jamaican-Canadian supporters who are also open to supporting Canada and will also make it hard for the CSA to continue their newfound affiliation with us. The ReggaeBoyz site has a bunch of guys talking trash on the internet most of whom most probably won't even be at the game. We won't have an idea of how the Jamaican fans at the game will behave until we get there but the Raggaeboyz may not be representative at all of how the actual fans at the game will behave. It may be different in TO but most of the Jamaicans at the Montreal friendly were pretty cool. Regardless I don't think we need to respond to a bunch of guys saying stupid stuff on the internet with our own version of the same thing.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

The media for one will eat up stuff like this which will make it hard for us to attract other Canadian supporters, those Jamaican-Canadian supporters who are also open to supporting Canada and will also make it hard for the CSA to continue their newfound affiliation with us.

Which is funny, because most of the people who I talk to who aren't Canada fans say they aren't since there's no passion in Canadian soccer

Archived