How many soccer games have you seen in person?

Alberto7

Eredivisie : 70-75 games (Feyenoord)

Uefa Cup : 17 games (Feyenoord)

Champions League : 6 games (Feyenoord)

Coca Cola Championship : 7 games (Millwall)

Conference South : 4 (Sutton United)

World Cup Qualifying : 1 (Holland)

Fifa U-20 World Cup : 1 (Brazil , in Holland)

Anyone have tickets that they've kept and would scan & upload?

Here's my list:

• MNT Canada in Edmonton (8) vs. Brasil 94, Panama96, Costa Rica97, Mexico97, Iran/Guatamala/Ecuador99, T&T 00
  • 2002 Womens U19 WC (5) Canada vs. Japan, England, Nigeria, Brasil (with Marta!), USA
  • Swedish National team (1) WCQ vs. Slovakia 2001
  • Swedish Allsvenska (4) Stockholm Derby: AIK vs Djurgarden (incredible pagentry), HammarbyFF (x3)
  • Edmonton Drillers (NPSL -indoor) (8 - 10) -that rigpig mascot was ridiculous http://drillersarchive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1067&Itemid=45
  • Edmonton Brickmen CSL (2) saw Justin Fashanu play back in 1989
  • Edmonton Eagles CPSL (1)

Upon further reflection, I was incredibly fortunate to be exposed to so much footie growing up in Edmonton. The mid90's saw a heck of a lot of visits by the MNT, although I would learn only much later about how embarrasingly pathetic the atmosphere was at cavernous Commonwealth. The product on the field was often good (Bunbury, Hooper, Samuel, DeVos, Forrest, et. al.), but upon seeing the intensity brought by the fans at a Stockholm derby, it made all other matches pale in comparison.

All said though, to this day my affinity for the game comes from the exposure on and off the pitch in the Edmonton area. Some 25 odd matches in Edmonton over a 13 yr period is not too shabby considering the sporadic nature of MNT home games along with the spotty history of pro-teams in Edmonton. I would have loved to see even more, but here's hoping there are some solid foundations being laid for the future in many Canadian cities beyond TO, Van & Mtl.

Archived