Newly Constructed CSL Web

leekoo

It looks bright, let's hope to see some videos of games, interviews and maybe a link to listen to some of the games on a web radio, that would be interesting .......... listening to a radio transmission of the game just like old times!!!

Does anyone know what it costs to buy a CSL franchise and the approx operating expenses for one year?

I meant to call Robin to discuss that a while ago but neglected to do so.

Not sure if anyone here knows the answer to those questions. Maybe one of the CSL reps is reading and drops in to answer the question.

Too bad the African-Canadian team that was proposed did not make it off the ground. I was curious to check that out.

VPjr,

There is a post from Cary Kaplan in a thread dated August 2006 which stated that franchise fees were $100,000-$160,000, depending on territorial and geographic considerations. You might be able to pick an existing franchise, e.g. Brampton Stallions, for less.

Operating costs depend largely on where you play and how much you pay your players. For instance, lets say you pay $100 per game for each player suited up for 25 cup and league games. As each game has a max of 7 subs this would work out at $45,000. CSL fees are between $15,000 and $20,000, I think. Ground rental can vary but Hamilton were being charged $1,000 per game 3 years ago, so 12 home games could be $12,000. Other costs would be travel ($5,000?), uniforms ($2,500?) and general expenses, $5-10,000. My guess overall about $80,000 - $100,000.

To offset this, ticket sales would not likely be more than 100 per game, so at $10 each for 12 home games, that's $12,000. The rest has to come from sponsors and the owner's pocket!

Archived