BBC Correctness

Former Champ

It is my impression that many young north American women nowadays do not like being referred to as ladies.

I also read in one of the blogs written by a WNT player that some of the WNT members really had difficulty in Singapore because spitting in public is against the law and subject to heavy fines or worse. Spitting in public hardly fits the dictionary definition of 'lady'.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

It is my impression that many young north American women nowadays do not like being referred to as ladies.

I also read in one of the blogs written by a WNT player that some of the WNT members really had difficulty in Singapore because spitting in public is against the law and subject to heavy fines or worse. Spitting in public hardly fits the dictionary definition of 'lady'.

Canada should institute such laws, bunch of germ spreading filthy pigs.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Canada should institute such laws, bunch of germ spreading filthy pigs.

For my money they can include chewing gum too. Most people with gum in their mouths look like moronic cows chewing the cud, never mind the disgusting, sticky, littering mess when they're done with it.

Some people are secret chewers though. These are mostly old folk who grew up at a time when gum chewing was against school rules (and severly punished). We developed a style that was almost not noticable from all but the most discerning teacher and the abilty to swallow it if interegated.

Archived