It is so amazing,"SOCCER THAT IS"

john tv

When I wrote " SOCCER UNTITES THE WORLD AND AMERICAN FOOTBALL FIGHTS THE WORLD" I was and am fully aware of the real power of soccer.This is even bigger than in my rather creative mind. The Iraqi soccer team did something that I hope will open a lot more eyes and especially here in N.A as to the power of our game. We saw it at the u-20 WC and now this. Apparently this team is made up of all the fighting groups,but this did not seem to matter. They United as a team and they won the cup. Anyway guys there it is,soccer unites the world and American footbal"destroys" (oops not yet)the world. I don't know. I hope this thing will be used to get this country on the right course,it seems possible and soccer may have opened a lot of eyes. heck it worked in Ireland and Israel also seem to realize what it can do.

I have said so many times the real story of soccer has not been told yet!

American Football is just another sport john I don't see how it is fighting the world. Kids in a park can play football for the same price as soccer (buy a ball) and it's fun I played both growing up. I agree soccer does bring the world together but how is american football bad for the world? Is curling bad for the world? Not many people play that. How about Gaelic football?

quote:Originally posted by john tv

When I wrote " SOCCER UNTITES THE WORLD AND AMERICAN FOOTBALL FIGHTS THE WORLD" I was and am fully aware of the real power of soccer.This is even bigger than in my rather creative mind. The Iraqi soccer team did something that I hope will open a lot more eyes and especially here in N.A as to the power of our game. We saw it at the u-20 WC and now this. Apparently this team is made up of all the fighting groups,but this did not seem to matter. They United as a team and they won the cup. Anyway guys there it is,soccer unites the world and American footbal"destroys" (oops not yet)the world. I don't know. I hope this thing will be used to get this country on the right course,it seems possible and soccer may have opened a lot of eyes. heck it worked in Ireland and Israel also seem to realize what it can do.

I have said so many times the real story of soccer has not been told yet!

Israel?? Have I not been watching the news lately? Has soccer brought about some mideast peace settlement that I missed? It is good that their soccer skills allowed the Yugoslavians to avoid violent wars of independence.

The painfull truth that is.

How? Because gridiron is a violent sport and that by watching it Americans become violent themselves and want to invade other countries? That still doesn’t explain how the middle-east is more violent than the U.S., despite having the benefit of a natural resource that they sure as hell don’t deserve.

Whatever peace and unity soccer is bringing to the mid-east, religion is undoing and then some.

As I have said umpteen times the story of soccer has not been told yet.That marvelous Sunday in Iraq is anothet example as to that magic power of our sport. As far as American football is concerned I have made various observations about that non sport and for those that have not read it, I suggest you find it. Don't want to waste anymore of my valuable time ,capice.

As I have said umpteen times the story of soccer has not been told yet.That marvelous Sunday in Iraq is anothet example as to that magic power of our sport.

Yes, just a tourist bus explosion killing 9 plus another 4 dead from morons shooting in the air to celebrate (i guess they can't celebrate with a beer cuz the Koran forbids it, but killing people around you with celebratory gunfire is perfectly acceptable).

Great Sunday for Iraq. [:o)]

Also the Iraqi Football Federation had to request a $50,000 grant from AFC for the extra travel expenses incurred during the Asian Cup. This grant is for a country that could easily be one of the richest in the world if they just pulled their heads out of their hairy as$es!

Ama,sounds Irageeee,I am totally blown away,hey you would understand that one, how many of my very sane friends have an intense dislike for G.W and sort of include Americans in that description. It is a disaster that US government. Watching T.V is also so horrible to view these politicians ripping each other new assholes on a dailey basis. It is all so extremely negative and a huge problem not only for the Americans but also for the rest of the world.I also am fully aware that very many Americans are totally ashamed of their government and it obviously shows in many areas and polling results in particular.They are fully aware how the world is viewing them and they want this changed as well.

I also believe that certain philosophies are driving this government as well and that football one is a very big one.

As I said " Soccer unites the world and American football fights the world"

What I find so surprising is that when I tell my friends or others about that observation they seem to get it immediately and even agree completely.This is very scary as well.

Ama,sounds Irageeee,I am totally blown away,hey you would understand that one, how many of my very sane friends have an intense dislike for G.W and sort of include Americans in that description. It is a disaster that US government. Watching T.V is also so horrible to view these politicians ripping each other new assholes on a dailey basis. It is all so extremely negative and a huge problem not only for the Americans but also for the rest of the world.I also am fully aware that very many Americans are totally ashamed of their government and it obviously shows in many areas and polling results in particular.They are fully aware how the world is viewing them and they want this changed as well.

I also believe that certain philosophies are driving this government as well and that football one is a very big one.

As I said " Soccer unites the world and American football fights the world"

What I find so surprising is that when I tell my friends or others about that observation they seem to get it immediately and even agree completely.This is very scary as well.

John you are such a complete and total dick you should change your name to Richard.

You're preaching to the choir on this board and even we fight with you.

Everyone on this board likes and enjoys soccer or we wouldn't be here.

Take your soccer will save the world and soccer trains the best athletes to baseball/football/hockey/rugby/cricket/bastardball (oops basketball) boards we already like soccer. We don't have to read your tainted views on soccer every freaking day!

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

Like when Greece won Euro 2004, it won't meanm s**t unless they qualify for the World Cup.

I don't know what you are smoking, but winning the Euro Cup and not qualifying for the World Cup is a lot better than qualifying for both tournaments and not winning either of them.

OF course, the Asian Cup is not to be compared to the Euro Cup...

Archived