Charles Gbeke

After watching Charles Gbeke on television, I am becoming very impressed by his ability to play. For this reason I was wondering if he is eligible to play for Canada, and if so is it worth for the CSA coaching staff to seriously consider his candidacy for the national roster????

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

After watching Charles Gbeke on television, I am becoming very impressed by his ability to play. For this reason I was wondering if he is eligible to play for Canada, and if so is it worth for the CSA coaching staff to seriously consider his candidacy for the national roster????

he had a hot streak in Denmark where he scored a bunch of goals in half a season a couple of years ago. Wonder why he's playing in the USL?

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

You mean from last night's game where he missed scoring on numerous 100% chances?

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Yeah, in numerous interviews.

He sent videos to the national team pre-World Cup.

He's got his work cut out for him to be sure. Cote D'Ivoire have some firepower and depth at forward. But good luck to him, if he feels Ivorian all the power to him.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

he had a hot streak in Denmark where he scored a bunch of goals in half a season a couple of years ago. Wonder why he's playing in the USL?

Hmmm... He played 8 Superliga games (420 minutes) in Denmark for Herfølge and didnt manage to score any goals... Herfølge got relegated, while Charles Gbeke moved home to Canada.

His superliga stats:

Link

quote:Originally posted by Ceres

Hmmm... He played 8 Superliga games (420 minutes) in Denmark for Herfølge and didnt manage to score any goals... Herfølge got relegated, while Charles Gbeke moved home to Canada.

His superliga stats:

http://www.netsuperligaen.dk/VisSpillerStatistik.php?SeasonID=2005&SpillerID=10712&Klubnavn=HB

Hmmmm...i could have sworn he scored a bunch of goals...maybe it was Alen Marcina that had the hot streak? They were teammates weren't they?

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Hmmmm...i could have sworn he scored a bunch of goals...maybe it was Alen Marcina that had the hot streak? They were teammates weren't they?

Well, Alen Marcina (who 'netsuperligaen' seem to have mistaken to be from Argentina ?), only got to play one Superliga match for Herfølge

Link

quote:Originally posted by VancouverDude

Posting false information about this player harms your credibility.

What are you talking about? I'm not posting knowingly false info. Mind your own business.

I'm going by memory and i was pretty sure Gbeke scored a bunch of goals while he went to Denmark. Hell, last year when i started the prospective TFC player thread i posted the same damn thing about Gbeke. It really wasn't that long ago. Ceres, are you positive?

<mod>Message edited by moderator. Please do not post personal attacks. If there are any questions do not hesitate to e-mail me.</mod>

Archived