Marc Bircham

brandon

sorry if this has been posted already.

Bircham will not be offered a new contract at QPR

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/6620987.stm

taken from his online diary ( no link-you have to register and i can't be bothered)

I had a meeting with John Gregory today and we decided by mutual consent that I would be leaving QPR in the summer when my contract is up.

They didn't want to renew my contract and I didn't really want to sign. We both knew what the other was going to say so it was a bit of a formality.

Luckily I've got a few options on where I will be playing next season so it's just a question of sitting down with the family and picking the right one. I've got options to go and play in America but I don't think I'm going to pursue them. I'm more likely to stay in England.

I've fulfilled my dream of playing for Rangers and I've enjoyed every minute of it. But it's time to move on.

I've been talking with the family since Christmas about moving on at the end of the season. Unless QPR pulled a four-year deal out, which they were never going to do because they haven't for anyone, I knew it would happen. So now it's a question of deciding which move is best for me and the family.

I felt I was treated badly at the end of last season and that left a bitter taste in my mouth. I decided to stay and play, got back in the team, because I wanted to prove people wrong, but unfortunately I got injured and had to have the operation on my back.

I knew I was going to have to have the operation done at some stage – in fact, we talked about me having it done at the end of last season, but I couldn't, because I didn't know whether I was staying or going. When, in January, it became clear that I was going I had to get it done.

Now, I'm just looking forward to playing some part in Sunday's game against Stoke, because it will mean I've finally come back from injury.

It will also be a chance to say goodbye to the fans. I've fulfilled my dream of playing for Rangers and I've enjoyed every minute of it. But it's time to move on.

Sounds as though there have already been some discussions in that respect. And TFC should at least talk to every out of contract Canadian. Everyone is a bargain at the right price.

I'm guessing, given his family situation and his personal situation (never having lived in Canada), we won't see him. But he would certainly fit the hard image that's being crafted with Dichio, Boyens, and the fans.

Now here's a question. As much as he is cap tied to Canada would he count as a Canadian "domestic" under MLS rules?

And even if he does, not so sure Mo would be interested in a (relatively) expensive, aging & injury prone midfield destroyer.

Millwall? Yeesh...

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Now here's a question. As much as he is cap tied to Canada would he count as a Canadian "domestic" under MLS rules?

And even if he does, not so sure Mo would be interested in a (relatively) expensive, aging & injury prone midfield destroyer.

Millwall? Yeesh...

:) i'm a glutton for punishment. It's almost as painful as following Canada

Archived