Tomasz Radzinski fears future at Fulham

FootieFool

From Sky Sports

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=445458&CPID=8

Tomasz Radzinski has revealed he fears for his future at Fulham following the arrivals of several new players.

The Canadian's current contract is expiring soon and he is unsure what his future holds.

The January additions of Simon Davies, Clint Dempsey and Alexei Smertin have increased competition for places at Craven Cottage and Radzinski does not know if he figures in Chris Coleman's long-term plans.

"My future is hanging in the balance," said the former Everton hit-man.

"We're signing lots of midfielders, so I don't know how eager the club is to extend my stay.

"At the moment, we have 10 players who can all play in midfield.

Well, he is aging and no putting up the numbers he used to; especially under Colemans' system. I personally think he is still good to go another year or two in the premeirship but with another team. MLS is could not be too far away in his future plans but he could catch on with Derby or one of the other teams that will come up from CCC. One of the things going against him, I see, is that he is not a fan favourite at Craven. I constantly see people in the fan forums dissing him or stating that Fulham should get rid of him. Others say he is working hard for his spot on the team. He works well with Montella but he isn't going to be at Fulham after this season. Time will tell.

I've heard good things from some English friends regarding fan opinion that Radz is becoming a propa legend! They've stopped the sarcastic "rad-zin-ski!" calls from the stands that used to arouse laughter because he's been playing well and scored in a couple big games (like the arsenal winner). Fans on the forums are fickle and change their best 11 from match to match. I think Radz has another season at Fulham and sincerely hope he stays in the Prem.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

I've heard good things from some English friends regarding fan opinion that Radz is becoming a propa legend! They've stopped the sarcastic "rad-zin-ski!" calls from the stands that used to arouse laughter because he's been playing well and scored in a couple big games (like the arsenal winner). Fans on the forums are fickle and change their best 11 from match to match. I think Radz has another season at Fulham and sincerely hope he stays in the Prem.

when in england and it comes up that i am canadian, inevitably, Radz name aways pops up. That's great. I agree that he should have another season at fulham but it doesn't appear so. Howeer, that being said..I ahd to laugh because i went bck on the forns and there waas a new song for him..but there was also lots of slagging towards him as well. I hope he stays in the Prem. as well

Sub'd in today against Bolton with Fulham down 2-nil. Zat Knight scores a couple of minutes later and then in added time he's brilliantly denied on a close range header. Fulham loose on the road, again, but a good solid 1/2 hour out of the man.

If you're willing to play as a sub or injury cover it isn't such a bad thing, especially if the money is right. Lots of players finish out the last couple of years of their careers from the bench and contributed plenty while doing so.

I agree. Nothing wrong with riding a little pine late in the career..however saying that, if he has the burning desire to play....he may want too look in MLS, Belgium, CCC, France, or Scotland. At least there he has a better chance of starting and keep his competitve juices flowing.

Archived