Stephen Hart

aussoccerfan

quote:Originally posted by Kevin in NS

Like The FACA & UEFA (FIFA FLYING TEACHING TEAM) offers different degrees/levels of Instruction in different areas. The fellow I'm still encouraging to apply again has more than one Int coaching Cert. is not Canadian but is not even sure his electronic application has been rec'd. That alone has him wondering about the CSA's mindset and capabilities.

Purpose

FFTT is based on the desire of the FIFA President to provide assistance to member associations for immediate, unforeseen and emergency short-term needs in the areas of coaching, refereeing, women’s football, futsal, administrative and sports medical matters.

Format of FFTT Courses

A panel of FIFA instructors is available to deliver the above-mentioned tailor-made assistance. FIFA reviews each application based on the urgency of the need. The appointment of the expert is the responsibility of FIFA.

Kevin no disrespect but don't read into that. FIFA has no official Certification Course. As for the flying coaches I have to raise an eyebrow when I see the names. Dick Howard is one of those instructors, that alone should tell you something.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANC2 ....

understood but I see even Sir Trevor bemoans the fact the PL managers are falling behind as they are hiring old players without any Pro coaching Qualifications. Do we want to go that route we are already slipping?

I would hope that would be a minimum for a CSA candidate plus International Experience which leads to international Connections.

I'm reluctant to name my guy as that could taint any response he gets either for or 'agin' him.

Even reject Argentine PMan could teach us a thing or two versus what we achieved so far and it looks like Klinsman will get the US job so getting someone with an education/credability and connections plus a competative edge is the goal aside from meeting CSA 'politik' and budget restrictions.

We need a 'character' much like this character, with his attitude for those slack days but with Tommy Smith (Scotland) Team building partys in the begining to build a National Team like a Club Team is built.

A BiPolar Coach....thoughts?

Kevin ... your arguments are difficult to be taken seriously by members of this board because your opinion is bias whether you believe you are being objective or not. You are inside the box in this case. We know you believe in your man.

Just because the CSA doesn't select him doesn't mean the CSA is wrong.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

Kevin ... your arguments are difficult to be taken seriously by members of this board because your opinion is bias whether you believe you are being objective or not. You are inside the box in this case. We know you believe in your man.

Just because the CSA doesn't select him doesn't mean the CSA is wrong.

Thanks for speaking for 'the members of this board'.

What I am championing is FairPlay in preparation by the CSA who ever they select. If they don't tell the candidates when and how the selection will be made 'we' come off as a less than quality Org.IMHO.

The original Hart Article quoted here Via a link on Pg one mentions

a hiring slant that may discourage qualified 'outsiders'. That impression came from the fellow I told of our opening here, who read the article and stated that himself. He may not be the best candidate in the end but I want as many appropriate coaches in the contest as possible...regardless of origin. That is why he remains anon. by me. at this point. If he doesn't make the short list and you are still interested I'll share more later.

Hopefully, the entire setup in CSA & recent top level changes doesn't make us look too shakey to be considered a serious career opportunity for any qualified person for more than two years like Yallop(Annivers. 13 Dec?). That is my misgiving; that the best available(who ever) walks past the Canadian job.

Perhaps you were disagreeing Sir TB observations also??

Guest speedmonk42

I can't say I am convinced anyone who would seriously be considered for the job would be applying by email.

I suspect the process functions on a level a little different than applying for a job on Monster.ca

I highly doubt that while coach of the Canadian team FY filled out a form on the L.A Galaxy Website.

I feel it is going to be Mitchel/Hart or someone eminently more qualified. Those that are eminently more qualified are almost certainly employed and it is unlikely they are filling out job applications during lunch on the company computer.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

I can't say I am convinced anyone who would seriously be considered for the job would be applying by email.

I suspect the process functions on a level a little different than applying for a job on Monster.ca

I highly doubt that while coach of the Canadian team FY filled out a form on the L.A Galaxy Website.

I feel it is going to be Mitchel/Hart or someone eminently more qualified. Those that are eminently more qualified are almost certainly employed and it is unlikely they are filling out job applications during lunch on the company computer.

The average salary for a top class coach in CONCACAF is well over 700,000.00 a year. I cannot see the CSA affording that. Bora just received a million a year from Jamaica & Beenhaker was over 750 + for T&T. Canada I am sure spends the least money in preparation for any of the big CONCACAF teams. Take into consideration most countries do not pay the type of salary Canada pays for a female coach and preparation dollars on their team.

Archived