"Ace" is Gone

Former Toronto Blizzard player and NASL All-Star Patrick “Ace” Ntsoelengoe has died at age 50. Ntsoelengoe was the under-15 coach for Kaizer Chiefs Football Club at the time of his death. A cause of death has not been announced but confirmed reports say the police are investigating after he was found slumped at the wheel of his car at a hotel in Johannesburg.

http://www.canadakicks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=232&Itemid=9

quote:Originally posted by Bill Ault

Former Toronto Blizzard player and NASL All-Star Patrick “Ace” Ntsoelengoe has died at age 50. Ntsoelengoe was the under-15 coach for Kaizer Chiefs Football Club at the time of his death. A cause of death has not been announced but confirmed reports say the police are investigating after he was found slumped at the wheel of his car at a hotel in Johannesburg.

http://www.canadakicks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=232&Itemid=9

Terrible terrible news. Like many of us, I have vivid memories of his magical play.

To this day (actually three days ago) I tell the story of the back-heeled full volley he scored against Glasgow Rangers at Ivor Wynne back in 1984. It was incredible and it left Rangers standing around with mouths open.

Sad sad news.

db

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

I'm really devastated by this story. I remember that over 5-months ago he personally forward an e-mail to me supporting "the return of the Toronto Blizzard campaign." He will be missed by all.

We remember. It's a very, very sad day.

db

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

I'm really devastated by this story. I remember that over 5-months ago he personally forward an e-mail to me supporting "the return of the Toronto Blizzard campaign." He will be missed by all.

We remember. It's a very, very sad day.

db

Archived