Kiss and Boyd?

Ian Kennett

Kiss retired from the national team in early 2004, at least partially because she didn't like Pellerud's style. She played for IF Floya in Norway during 2004. See this thread.

According to Elaine, Kiss did not play anywhere in 2005. She coached for Capital United in Ottawa. See this Go Big Red!! thread.

Kiss is listed here as a Capital United coach (U16 Girls) for the 2006 season.

Kiss is back in Norway to play with Amazon FK this season (she left last week)...she missed the game too much.

Boyd hasn't been back yet and I unfortunately don't think it'll be likely for her to play again. She's down in the US studying and I believe doing the med school stuff (or something medicine related)

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

I believe Sweden and Norway have some semi-professional clubs. I'm not too sure about Germany. Italy at one point had one of the best women's leagues in Europe and paid some of the best players. Hooper played in Italy during the early 90's.

Charmaine being one of my favorite players I am interested in her playing in Italy. Do you know more about it. I checked her website bio but could not find a mention of it

quote:Originally posted by 10

How much do women make playing in Europe?? The Whitecaps women are all non-paid right?

I suspect that may not be the case any more for the players no longer concerned about university eligibility like recent Whitecaps signings Sinclair and Milbrett. With the signing of Bob Birarda as fulltime women's team head coach the 'Caps are clearly ramping up their women's team operation.

Archived