Pray for Karren Brady

Peschfan

Please keep Pesch's wife in your thoughts and prayers as she is to undergo brain surgery for an aneurysm.

Here's an article.

Pesch's wife is facing brain op

Karren Brady, the wife of Derby County striker Paul Peschisolido, is to undergo surgery for an aneurysm in the brain.

Her condition was diagnosed earlier this week and she is expected to have an operation early next week.

Brady, who is managing director of Birmingham City, told the club's website: "Obviously this has come as a big shock to me and my family but I am in very capable hands, and diagnosing the condition this early is very encouraging.

"I would like to thank everybody for their messages of support and I plan to be back at work as soon as I possibly can."

The news puts a question mark over Peschisolido's availability for the Rams' FA Cup fourth round tie against Colchester United at Layer Road tomorrow.

Rams boss Phil Brown will speak to the player this morning before the team set off for Essex this afternoon.

"At this moment football is not the most important thing to Paul, the welfare of his wife and family is of paramount importance," said Brown.

"I spoke to him about the situation earlier this week and everybody connected with Derby County sends their best wishes to Karren.

"I'll sit down with Paul and see where that takes us as regards to the game at the weekend."

From bcfc.co.uk:

KARREN BRADY UPDATE (SATURDAY)

Birmingham City Football Club is delighted to report that Club's Managing Director Karren Brady is now out of intensive care and continuing to make excellent progress.

Karren underwent successful surgery on a brain aneurysm yesterday afternoon and doctors were extremely pleased with the results.

She was then admitted to the high dependency unit where she was monitored overnight.

There were no problems and Karren is now back on the ward and is doing very well.

Karren would like to thank Mr Ian Sabin, Dr Paul Butler and their medical teams at the hospital for looking after her so well.

Additionally she would also like to pay tribute to all the nurses who have done such a terrific job in making her stay as comfortable as possible.

The Club would like to thank everyone who has sent in messages of support and we will keep you updated on Karren's rehabilitation here on bcfc.com.

Archived