Jonathan signs new contract

john tv

The old contract was till 2008 which was extended to 2010. There were some good write ups about the signing and again Canada was prominently mentioned as well as the presense of both parents being at the signing.On the Feyenoord web there are some good articles as well as Voetbal International latest issue featured an article about Jonathan with his picture on the cover.

The scuttebud is that Arsenal is very interested in him.

quote:Originally posted by shaku_bert

Call me a pessimist, but I've written him off for ever playing for Canada. This is my first and last comment on this JDG matter. Not that anyone cares what I think.

You're right, don't care.

People really need to cut this kid a break.

What break ? We as fans are all curious who he will pick and I think that fair of us. To me this is all so soap opera. How do you not know who you want to play for. Sit down think about it and make your decision .Although with that being said I'm glad I dont have to decide and as I wrote in some post a while back I'm glad Poland and canada dont have a friendly schedualed in the near future :)

I think Jonathan would make a fine addition to an already talented Dutch national team. I'd love to see him play against England and Owen H. in maybe the quarterfinals this summer in Germany, or even better a dream come true World Cup final. Just imagine two Canadian born players facing eachother in the Berlin final, with one of them guaranteed to win. What would the world think? It might be; "Wow, Canada has developed two great soccer players, why are they playing for Canada? Why isn't Canada playing at these World Cup Finals if they can develop players like these two? At that point I will have to break the heartbreakingly sad news to the rest of the world that the dumbest F ucking moron in soccer is running the show in Canada. Hup Holland! Come on England! Together will conquer Berlin again!

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Be careful not to feed the Robert troll.

Is Canada playing in the World Cup?

Does Canada have any meaningful games in the next couple years?

Give the kid some time to develop, he'll be here when it matters. Until that time, good on him for strengthening his position within his club, and getting better everyday.

I very reluctantly put the signing on this board being very well aware these reactions will appear.I am so lost in figuring this thing out. This kid is doing exactly what he should be doing.Anyone who has his talents would do the same and we should be very very very proud of what he and his brother are doing for Canada.Guys just realy realy enjoy this stuff this may very wel be once in your life time so be kind and understanding.I also know that we have many potentiasl great soccer young soccer players in this country,just believe me and we have prooven that our youth can reach the top. Just look at our hockey players these guys are dynamite and I know we have the same ultimate results in soccer. This Canadian raw raw thing is awfully powerfull and this we can look forward to.

Archived