MLS Draft (Canadian prospects)

loyola

Here's a site where you can find the MLS draft prospects:

http://www.3rddegree.net/

In the GK's list, you'll find Josh Wagenaar as the only "2007 class" on that list.

Defenders list: #29 Liam Girard (wasn't he playing forward for our U-17 MNT a few yrs ago?)

Midfielders list: One canadian I don't know at #56

Forwards: Jordie Hugues at #18, and two others at #38 and #43.

Let's hope at least 1 or 2 will get drafted and let's not forget that this list is only compose of NCAA D1 players (in 2004 we had 2 canadians drafted and they were from D2).

The midfielder is Simon Gatti, a Welland boy. I haven't seen him play in a while but he was dominant as a youngster.

He was involved in a bit of a controversy a few years back as the St. Catharines Wolves wanted him to play CPSL, but he was afraid to lose his NCAA eligibility. Rightfully so, as it turned out.

Anyway, good luck to Simon. Good kid from what I've heard.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

I think Girard was a defender for our U17's during the 2001 WYCQ in St Louis.

Girard was a first team PDL all star this past summer with Boulder which is associated with the MLS Rapids, so that might help his chances with that club.

Jason

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

I think Girard was a defender for our U17's during the 2001 WYCQ in St Louis.

You're right, I think I was thinking of Cam Wilson.

I think Girard and Wagenaar(if he decide to skip is senior year) are the only one with a chance to get drafted.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

You're right, I think I was thinking of Cam Wilson.

I think Girard and Wagenaar(if he decide to skip is senior year) are the only one with a chance to get drafted.

You never know. Occean as far as I know was completely overlooked by the powers that run our national teams yet was drafted and is building a decent pro career.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

You never know. Occean as far as I know was completely overlooked by the powers that run our national teams yet was drafted and is building a decent pro career.

Of course, I mentionned him in my first post.

BTW, Occean was on our U-23 pool in 2003-2004 but wasn't selected for the OQ and the forward chosen were Rob Friend, Ademolu and Rocco Placentino (all part of our MNT pool right now). Still Occean should've been there(you could also have a case for Ali Gerba).

Archived