Entire Confed Cup on Sportsnet

Daniel

Plus they're showing Greece-Mexico live over Brazil. I love Rogers. Where do I sign-up for whatever they sell.

Although there could be a conflict with the Canada WYC, so I'm assuming they will show Canada. I still don't understand why they have digital? They could show all the games. And get more people to subscribe. There must be some sort of CRTC regulations in place or something.

The other funny thing is while they are showing all the games from this meaningless tournament, they are only showing Canada (most on tape delay) and the final from the other meaningless tournament in July (Gold Cup). I wonder what they will do on the final if Canada is in, which is set for 3 p.m. and the Jays play at 2 p.m. on Sportsnet.

quote:Originally posted by Elias

Plus they're showing Greece-Mexico live over Brazil. I love Rogers. Where do I sign-up for whatever they sell.

Although there could be a conflict with the Canada WYC, so I'm assuming they will show Canada. I still don't understand why they have digital? They could show all the games. And get more people to subscribe. There must be some sort of CRTC regulations in place or something.

The other funny thing is while they are showing all the games from this meaningless tournament, they are only showing Canada (most on tape delay) and the final from the other meaningless tournament in July (Gold Cup). I wonder what they will do on the final if Canada is in, which is set for 3 p.m. and the Jays play at 2 p.m. on Sportsnet.

Well, I wouldn't call the Gold Cup meaningless, but they should only have it once every 4 years to give it more meaning.

Hmmm... am I the only one that thinks the U20 WC is getting pretty decent coverage on this side of the pond? I mean, this is a miniature tournament played in towns</u> like Kerkrade and Doetinchem (a town I never heard of despite the fact I've visited Holland every year since I was 5). I doubt that it gets any better coverage in soccer-loving nations around the world much less a non-soccer loving country where the games are played at inconvenient times.

But I love the stadiums that are hosting this event. Cozy and perfect size. They're gonna put Canada's stadiums to shame in two years. [:I]

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Well, I wouldn't call the Gold Cup meaningless, but they should only have it once every 4 years to give it more meaning.

It might make it more meaningful and as a result it could generate more interest in the event in this country. However, we don't get many meaningful games, and apparently we need all the practise we can get. So I'm kinda torn on that issue.

Archived