Uefa Cup Final [R]

Manuel

It's not on Sportsnet nor on FSWC.

It's on Fox Soccer Channel if you have access to this American channel through a grey-market dish. Kickoff is at 2:45 PM Eastern.

(I've preemptively put an "R" in this thread's title so that, hopefully, spoilers are kept to this thread.)

I have boxing as well. I feel like I am watching a Canadian Men's Team game with my eye on the livescore ticker and picking up comments from American Big Soccer posters who can see the game in the US. Since it is a ® thread, Sporting took a 1-0 lead at 28 but CSKA scored two quick goals and have a 2-1 lead with about 20 minutes left. I imagine the away goal rule does not apply even though Sporting is at home and a 2-2 result would lead to extra time.

Guest Jeffery S.

A typical UEFA final, with two teams of average quality in the overall European scene. Sporting had the game in the bag, one goal up, and let CSKA back on bad back line defending and no midfield control.

The pass for the 2nd goal was wonderful, a real beauty. The third was preceeded by an amazing play on the other end: the Sporting attacker on the right got by his marker, put the ball in to a forward a yard from goal and the keeper nowhere near. He struck, went awry and hit the post, then rebounded back to the keeper along the goal line. On the next counter, started from the keeper, CSKA put the nail in the coffin.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

If LMS and Grizzly got boxing on TSN, where did Alex and canso's info come from?

Good question. I turned on the tube at noon to watch the game, then I heard maybe it was going to be on at 2:45. But nothing (except boxing). I checked my on-screen menu, flicked it back to TSN a couple times over the course of the evening, then finally gave up and read the game summary on-line. Was it ever on TSN???

Archived