Who Should I Cheer For?

Danny Boy

Derby and Pesch for promotion or JDV and Peters at Ipswich for promotion? Pesch has been close and never made it so he is a sentimental favourite. But with Peters up and coming and JDV a stalwart, it says a bit more for Canadian talent.

hmmmm......

I'm going with Ipswich Town only because I for some reason believe DeVos and Peters have a better chance at sticking with the team once they enter the Premiership.Pesch is a super sub but he maybe seen as little long in the tooth (he'll soon be 34) for the EPL. Damn I broke my own unwritten rule about commenting negativlly on players.....especially one with 50 Caps for Canada as Pesch has.

Hammers have got to be gutted by that draw. Up 2-nil on their grounds and then letting the game get away from them against the run of play. Ho, that's got to hurt.

Huge match for Norwich on SportsNet tomorrow from Craven Cottage as The Great Escape Artists try to secure their stay in the Prem. against a disappointing Fulham. Small prediction. The club with the least crap defense on the day carries the points.

I'd be cheering for Ispwich over Derby... only because Pesch is getting on a bit and will probably be retiring in a year or two. Peters is still young and it'd be great for his future, but it could be harmful in the fact that new players would be bought and his chances of playing first team football would diminish.

quote:Originally posted by Timotas

Peters is still young and it'd be great for his future, but it could be harmful in the fact that new players would be bought and his chances of playing first team football would diminish.

In cases like this it is commonplace for young players to be loaned out to get first-team experience.

Archived