2007 : the six cities "already chosen"

Bxl Boy

Translation of the end of an information by SRC (french CBC) about a new stadium in Montreal :

This announce will be done tomorrow too, in Toronto and Montreal. Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver will each receive a group of four qualified countries.

Cette annonce sera faite également demain, simultanément, à Toronto et à Montréal. Les villes d'Edmonton, d'Ottawa, de Toronto, de Calgary et de Vancouver vont chacune recevoir un groupe de quatre pays qualifiés.

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

Translation of the end of an information by SRC (french CBC) about a new stadium in Montreal :

This announce will be done tomorrow too, in Toronto and Montreal. Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver will each receive a group of four qualified countries.

Cette annonce sera faite également demain, simultanément, à Toronto et à Montréal. Les villes d'Edmonton, d'Ottawa, de Toronto, de Calgary et de Vancouver vont chacune recevoir un groupe de quatre pays qualifiés.

Interesting. For some reason, I thought that Calgary had pulled out. But I think that its good to see that they chose the areas with larger populaces. I think that that is important for people like FIFA.

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

Interesting. For some reason, I thought that Calgary had pulled out. But I think that its good to see that they chose the areas with larger populaces. I think that that is important for people like FIFA.

I really dont understand how Calgary got a group because it is no longer listed on the CSA website as being in the running for 2007. You cant even vote for Calgary to "support your city". Either the CSA is really unorganized or someone in Calgary came up with a great proposal for a stadium.

quote:Originally posted by Alex

I really dont understand how Calgary got a group because it is no longer listed on the CSA website as being in the running for 2007. You cant even vote for Calgary to "support your city". Either the CSA is really unorganized or someone in Calgary came up with a great proposal for a stadium.

Maybe the Argos will play out it.

Archived