Impact lose one forward, gain two, cut the rest

Daniel

Fred Commodore, our beloved supersub, has been released after being out for the season with an injury.

We've signed Kevin Wilson, a Jamaican player, 28, who scored 10 goals with the Impact in 1998. He scored 8 last seasons with Arnett Gardens in his home country.

The Impact has also signed Trois-Rivières forward Nicolas Lesage, 25, who played 2004 in the LSEQ. The club has cut Matthew Palleschi and a Moroccan defender who was trying out with the club. Young Guineean midfielder Alpha Bah, 17, who emigrated to Montreal this spring, will train with the club during the season but was not offered a contract.

News release: http://www.impactmontreal.com/news.asp?no_id=354

I don't want to put him dowm but he had lots and lots of chances in camp and he didn't show anything. We needed forwards, it's not that he was fighting against a lot of players...

We had to go all the way to Jamaica to find someone that could start next to Sebrango.

It shows the step is big between CPSL and A-League

He played very bad in Trois-Rivières and wasn't very convincing the rest of time

But as LT says, he's only 22 and has only 2 years experience in the CPSL

Maybe he could try in A-League elsewhere than by the champions team...

Wow That Fred Commadore thing is a shock, Didn't even know he was injured. I guess contracts in the USL 1st division are not guaranteed, cause he signed a three year deal recently. Sounds to me as if the Impact have an agreement with him, that if recovers early, they will make a spot for him on the roster.

Archived