Drew Carey a huge soccer fan...

Rocket Robin

I saw him on the Tonight Show promoting his part in the cartoon movie Robots. Carey was wearing a US National team jersey. He said he flew to Trinidad to see their last WC qualifier.

He said he goes to LA Galaxy games and flew to Scotland to see the Rangers--Celtic game.

quote:He said he goes to LA Galaxy games and flew to Scotland to see the Rangers--Celtic game.

Is he going to attend more Old Firm games? Perhaps I'll see him there in the future, but only if he's on the blue side of course :)

The TRUE presenter of "Whose Line is it Anyway" is a bluenose by the way.....and he's much funnier than Carey too

quote:Originally posted by Billy the Bluenose

Is he going to attend more Old Firm games? Perhaps I'll see him there in the future, but only if he's on the blue side of course :)

The TRUE presenter of "Whose Line is it Anyway" is a bluenose by the way.....and he's much funnier than Carey too

Clive Anderson!

Loved WLIIA as a Kid! Made my Friday Night! :D

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

Clive Anderson!

Loved WLIIA as a Kid! Made my Friday Night! :D

Famous Rangers Fans

Kenneth Branagh: Actor & Director.

Robert Carlyle: Actor (Train Spotting, The Full Monty, The World Is Not Enough).

Clive Anderson: TV presenter.

Jonathan Watson: Only An Excuse.

Alan McGhee: Creation Records.

Ian McCallum: Stiff Little Fingers guitarist.

Colin Montgomerie: Golfer (also supports Leeds United.

Carol Smillie: TV presenter of Changing Rooms.

Nick Nairn: Celebrity chef.

Gordon Ramsey: Celebrity chef.

Andy (The Viking) Fordham: Darts player.

Travis: All apart from singer.

Wet Wet Wet: Pop group.

Midge Ure: Ultravox.

Kirsty Young: News presenter.

Gary Player: Golfer.

Arnold Palmer: Golfer.

Andy Cameron: Comedian

Drew Carey was back again talking about the Celtic--Rangers game on Craig Ferguson talk show last night Tuesday March 15th. Cleveland equals Glasgow they both agree. Ferguson worked on Carey's show.

Also got to mention watching the LA Galaxy and the USA (using MLS Americans only) beating Columbia 3-0 in a friendly. Mentioned US vs Trinidad.

Next up for Drew is this Saturday in Albuqueque for USA vs Honduras and March 27th vs Mexico.

He's supposed to be promoting "Robots" the cartoon movie that he provides a voice for.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005150021,00.html

ROBOTS star Drew Carey travelled from the US to see Scottish footie team Rangers in action - after becoming a fan playing as them on a computer game.

The US funnyman - who voices Crank in the new animated film which also stars Ewan McGregor and Halle Berry - discovered the Glasgow side while managing them on Fifa 2005.

And the 46-year-old got so interested he went on the net to buy a hat - and ended up ordering tickets to an Old Firm clash.

He told the Washington Post: "I went online to see how they were doing in real life and maybe buy a Rangers cap. I saw that they were playing Celtic pretty soon and I wanted to go.

"So I found some tickets and went to Glasgow."

Rangers won the match 2-0 at Celtic Park - but joker Drew was unable to celebrate after buying seats in the away end by mistake.

Archived