Nutella cards of Canadian players

DJT

I think many people know about the pictures of Canadian players (men and women) that have been appearing on the labels of Nutella jars over the last few years. The photos were all from around the time of 2002 WCQ, as the uniforms were not the current ones nor the previous ones, but the ones before that.

The latest jar I got did not have a player on the label, but instead had two round cards, about 6 cm in diameter and slightly glossy with a photo on the front and stats on the back, tucked under the lid. The photos are newer ones, with the current uniforms. I got Paul Stalteri and Christine Latham. (I'll scan them if anyone is interested in taking a look.)

Each jar also comes with a chance to instantly win a trip to a match in London, Milan or Madrid, or 1 of 50 "CSA signed jerseys", or 1 of 2,000 Nutella soccer balls.

Nutella has been great in promoting Canadian soccer with things like this.

Complete Checklist</u>

Total # of Cards: 10

Men: 5

Jason DeVos

Iain Hume

Tomasz Radzinski

Paul Stalteri

Mark Watson

Women: 5

Christine Latham

Karina LeBlanc

Diana Matheson

Isabelle Morneau

Christine Sinclair

hey guys....I just saw the nutella cards today...so excited! I was wondering if anyone

knew anything about the CIBC Canada soccer cards? I was given a Paul Stalteri CIBC card

from his wife a few months ago. I contacted a few CIBC reps and none of them knew anything

about the cards.....anyone have a lead for me? Oh yeah, and how many cards in the Nutella set?

later, lee from Sask...

quote:Originally posted by groovee99

I was wondering if anyone

knew anything about the CIBC Canada soccer cards? I was given a Paul Stalteri CIBC card

from his wife a few months ago.

I remember someone posting that she was handing them out at one of the WCQ matches, but that's the only time I can remember hearing about them.

The other set I know about is the Sunlight detergent set from around 2001. I didn't bother collecting those because I didn't know many people who use Sunlight and one person/family can't possibly go through enough detergent to get the whole set! Nutella might be doable for me, though (that's not to say that I personally eat a lot of it, which wouldn't be healthy ;)).

quote:Oh yeah, and how many cards in the Nutella set?
I'd like to know as well. I got 6 more cards today, but two of them were the same as the ones I already have (Stalteri and Latham). The others were Hume, Radzinski, Morneau and LeBlanc. The posters at Go Big Red!! have been discussing the women's cards and someone mentioned getting a Sinclair.

What I'll do is keep a list in the first post of this thread of all the cards that we know to exist. Please post about anything that's not already listed — and if you have any doubles to trade! (I've got two!)

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

Some one should really email nutella and show them this thread. They'll see how putting money into soccer really does help them.

I have some friends who work at Ferraro, so I'll let them know.

They do a nice job at promoting Canadian soccer, and they're not even a Canadian company. None of the three people that I know who work there were even born in Canada!

Geez, it's going to take forever to finish the set. I just got 8 more cards, but 5 of them were already in my collection. Heck, I already have 4 Lathams. And I didn't even get any that aren't already on our checklist. Of the 10 cards we know about, I'm missing only Matheson.

It would be surprising, but I'm beginning to wonder whether there are only 10 cards in the set? But how can there be no Lang? And how can there be a Watson yet no De Guzman?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I was right, there are only 10 cards. The CSA confirmed this for me. The list in the first post of this thread is now a complete checklist.

This is disappointing. Both because I want more cards and because they could have promoted so many other players. (So yes, there is a Watson but no De Guzman — bring on the Old Boys Club conspiracy theorists! [:P])

Anyway, I got the one card I was missing. I'm actually only 4 away from completing a second set.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

This is disappointing. Both because I want more cards and because they could have promoted so many other players.

There should be another promo in the near future as I know many of the women players were at a Nutella specific photo shoot before X'Mas (obviously, I'm thinking the same was done with the men). I had intitally thought that these cards were the outcome of that, but all the photos used are "old" pictures etc. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• 4 months later...

Archived