Why didnt CSA buy the skydome

fan

quote:Originally posted by BC supporter

The three "Fast Cat" catamaran ferries, championed by former NDP Premier Glen Clark, were actually built here in BC in the 1990s. Clark pitched them as a chance for BC to develop and sell world-class technology. The ferries were dogged by design problems and cost overruns and, once in the water, proved unsuitable for their proposed routes. They were sold a couple of years ago for a tiny fraction of their original cost. (The three ferries, which cost about $450 million, were sold for $20 million.) The "fast ferry fiasco" (as it is known), and its fiscal ineptitude, was a huge reason for the near obliteration of the NDP in the 2001 election.

BTW, the BC Ferry Corp is currently building three super-class ferries, which is where the German angle comes in. The work -- estimated to create 2,000 jobs and be worth $500 million -- has been controversially awarded offshore, to Flensburger Shipyard in Germany.

Oh yeah, I mixed that up, right they are building them now in Flensburg. But thats not offshore, it has a harbour although a small one and a good running shipyard.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Yeah, that makes MUCH more sense. Let's hope the major tenant who is building it fails and the stadium loses it's major revenue stream.

Dumbass.

Now that T Rogers owns the dome, he is going after a NFL franchise for the venue, which means the Argos days will be numbered anyways,

who wants to watch the crappy CFL when the real game the NFL will be in the same backyard?

ass.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Oh, and beast-we already know you hate the CFL. Quit trotting out those lines in here. One guy's petty hatred won't kill of the Argos. Sorry.

Most sports fans hate the CFL, what other league gives you points for faiure (missed field goals).But back on topic the CSA should have got government help and bought Varsity stadium then rebuilt it as a soccer only stadium. My only beef when this new stadium gets built is

when i go to see soccer i know some of my money will end up in the pockets of the Argos owners, that i don't like.

Archived