Is Vince Carter a victim of the NHL lock-out?

argh1

With all the sports press in the centre of the known universe left with little to report .....has VinSanity fallen victim to idle hands.

Hey , I am in no way an NBA fan . But I've seen more Carter reports in the last month than I've seen in 3 years ( maybe ) .

quote:Originally posted by argh1

With all the sports press in the centre of the known universe left with little to report .....has VinSanity fallen victim to idle hands.

Hey , I am in no way an NBA fan . But I've seen more Carter reports in the last month than I've seen in 3 years ( maybe ) .

No, he's a victim of being a selfish, lazy, baby. The guy is a total floater this year. The only reason the Raptors are actually competing this year is coaching and a few surprise performances.

From the last Raptors game (vs. San Antonio), Vince Carter played uninspired,

unmotivated basketball. Just no intensity. This is not the Vince Carter in his first

few years (ie. the "human highlight reel"). He sat down most of the 4th quarter with

the Raptors down 20 points, and the Toronto no-names (the bench) came on and outplayed

Tim Duncan and the Spurs.

Their coaching luckily is superb and not relying on Vince to bail them out.

As if he's just waiting to be traded...

I'm not a Carter fan -- his reputation and popularity have consistently exceeded his actual performance. He needs to be moved, for his own good and Toronto's. Problem is, of course, it's a "buy high, sell low" situation for the Raptors anymore. But it would be nice to say see-ya to Carter so the hockey-deprived TO sports media could find something else on which to obsess.

Dude, whether you like Carter as a player or not, I'm thinking your "piece of human waste" is juuuuussst slightly over the top -- coincidentally coming the same day the story below appeared in the Globe & Mail.

Carter donates playground to Toronto neighbourhood

Toronto — Amid an increasing backlash from fans over his requests for a trade, Toronto Raptors superstar Vince Carter made what may be his last charitable mark on the city Thursday as he officially donated a $100,000 playground to a crime-ridden east-end community. The state-of-the-art structure, called the Vince Carter Embassy of Hope Playground, is in Wickson Trail Park in the Malvern area, which has been plagued with gang-related violence.

Carter funded the project through his Embassy of Hope Foundation, a non-profit organization he started in 1998 to help children and families in Toronto and his home state of Florida. In July 2003, Carter presented a $150,000 regulation-size basketball court to an area foundation chairman Ralph Lean says "had been neglected" in Rexdale in the city's west-end.

Archived