Cisse: Broken Leg. Oh - My - God!

frostman

Did anyone see the clip of Cisse breaking his leg? It reminded me of that awful kickboxing e-mail where the guy's shin folds in half. Or when LT snapped Theisman's leg in the Superbowl.

His shin was bending like a hinge in the middle. Yibia, and Fibula! Holy crap!

With him gone, Liverpool are going to have a struggle getting offense going. He was great this summer at the sky-dome. Poor guy.

It was pretty gruesome looking, but I've seen worse. There was one incident last year, I think it was a PSG player; the poor bastard's leg snapped all the way back. Ugh!

All it takes is to see one of those injuries. After that, for the rest of your life, you'll be cringing upon every hard tackle.

quote:Originally posted by BC supporter

Cisse bad. Alou bad. Remember Joe Theismann? Terrible. But Jason Kendall shattering his ankle after hitting the first base bag... you could actually see the bone come through the skin. Not something I want to see again.

Agreed. Jason Kendall said he knew it was bad when he looked down and could see the bottom of his shoe facing up. Tim Krumrie also very bad.

Does anyone know if the 'pool can recall Le Tallec from his loan? Instead of going out and getting another high priced striker in January, a second striker by committee might do the trick.

quote:Originally posted by marktci

Does anyone know if the 'pool can recall Le Tallec from his loan? Instead of going out and getting another high priced striker in January, a second striker by committee might do the trick.

According to my CM demo, they cannot. Not the most reliable source though. I suspect Florent will be given until January to play himself out of job. Maybe he'll join Le Tallec in French division 2 next season.

quote:Originally posted by marktci

According to my CM demo, they cannot. Not the most reliable source though. I suspect Florent will be given until January to play himself out of job. Maybe he'll join Le Tallec in French division 2 next season.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently it was every bit as bad as it looked. From Soccernet:

Cisse reveals he nearly 'lost his leg'

French striker Djibril Cisse has revealed he could have lost his left leg in the aftermath of the horrific injury which wrecked his first season at Liverpool.

Cisse was carried off with a double fracture of his leg after a tackle in the Barclays Premiership match at Blackburn on October 30 - and will not play again this season.

And the £14million signing from Auxerre claims his whole career could have been destroyed and that had he not had expert medical treatment at Ewood Park, there was the prospect of amputation.

Cisse, in an interview with club magazine LFC, said: 'When I was taken from the field, what they did next was so important for my career, what they did in those first few moments was vital.

'My bone were overlapping and I had no circulation in my foot.'

And the 23-year-old insists: 'They had to give me drugs to help with the pain and then they had to pull my bones back into place with their hands.

'If they had waited until I had got to the hospital I might have lost my leg, it was that serious.'

Cisse is still on crutches but is back at Liverpool's training ground having daily treatment and has told manager Rafael Benitez he has set a target of being able to play in the final few games of the season.

But he is clearly very aware of the debt he owes to Liverpool's medical team for their swift action at the ground when he was first injured.

Apparently it was every bit as bad as it looked. From Soccernet:

Cisse reveals he nearly 'lost his leg'

French striker Djibril Cisse has revealed he could have lost his left leg in the aftermath of the horrific injury which wrecked his first season at Liverpool.

Cisse was carried off with a double fracture of his leg after a tackle in the Barclays Premiership match at Blackburn on October 30 - and will not play again this season.

And the £14million signing from Auxerre claims his whole career could have been destroyed and that had he not had expert medical treatment at Ewood Park, there was the prospect of amputation.

Cisse, in an interview with club magazine LFC, said: 'When I was taken from the field, what they did next was so important for my career, what they did in those first few moments was vital.

'My bone were overlapping and I had no circulation in my foot.'

And the 23-year-old insists: 'They had to give me drugs to help with the pain and then they had to pull my bones back into place with their hands.

'If they had waited until I had got to the hospital I might have lost my leg, it was that serious.'

Cisse is still on crutches but is back at Liverpool's training ground having daily treatment and has told manager Rafael Benitez he has set a target of being able to play in the final few games of the season.

But he is clearly very aware of the debt he owes to Liverpool's medical team for their swift action at the ground when he was first injured.

The sporting injury that still gives me the willies when seeing it was Willis McGahee's knee injury in the Ohio State-Miami game a couple of years ago (2003, not real sure which bowl it was)

As for Cisse's injury, I myself have suffered worse. It wasn't sports related, but it was still bad enough that three years later whenever my doctor looks at the x-rays he still gets a chill down his spine. (A very noticable shaking when he looks at it)

Archived