Canadian teams in Concacaf cups (in Italian)

Bxl Boy

I found here some programs of the Superga club, a team from Quebec. They are from the mid-80's and contain some intersting info (maybe the monst informed among you already knew that but...) It's in italian, maybe better translator than me :

"Difatti un accordo avvenuto con la consorella dell'Ontario permetterà alle due squadre campioni (del Quebec e dell'Ontario) di disputare un doppio confronto a fine stagione per determinare il campione canadese semipro, che a suo volta avrà tutto il diritto di rappresentare il Canada alla Coppe dei Campioni della Concacaf."

Sounds like : "Following an agreement with its sister from Ontario, that will allow both champions teams (from Quebec and from Ontario) to play a double confrontation at the end of the season in order to determine the Canadian semipro champion, that will have all the rights to represent Canada at the Concacaf Champions Cup"

...and 2 decades later, the CSA still stands as a hurdle rather than a door to common sense Canadian soccer aspirations.

4 decades ago, I remember seeing this above my high school entrance:

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will still be amongst the stars."

quote:
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will still be amongst the stars."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Thats funny cause speaking realistically the moon is closer to the earth than the starsso technicaly if you miss the moon, than your hitting teh ozone layer no ???

Umm, the ozone layer is a part of the earth's stratosphere that contains Ozone (O3) gas. If you miss the moon, you're in outer space.

It will take you approximately 4.2 years travelling at the speed of light (~300,000km/second) to reach the nearest star, Proxima Centauri.

So, if you shoot, you better have a really good & fast shot.

Geeeez, youse guys....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes his faithful friend.

"Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?"

Watson ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Timewise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"

Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. "Watson, you fool, someone has stolen our tent."

Archived