Thorlakson chooses not to play for Canada

The Ref

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a good decision. Notre Dame have a shot at winning the title this year and Katie is currently the top scorer in NCAA. Winning the Championship as well as a scoring title would do more for her career and, in the long run, more for the CNWT than playing in another U-19 WC. She no longer has much to prove at the U-19 level.

That said, I would have loved to see Thor in the lineup. The way she's been playing she could have been the best player in the tournament.

quote:Originally posted by Chet

That said, I would have loved to see Thor in the lineup. The way she's been playing she could have been the best player in the tournament.

thor the best player ... rated above some of those brazilian players like marta & christiane ... in your dreams ...

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

IMHO her decision has virtually terminated her career in Canada's National program.

Yes I agree, but I think her decision is based on her lack of confidence that she has a shot at the WNT. I believe she only has one cap, while Timko who also is getting headlines is already a fixture on the WNT.

Most women's soccer careers will end at college.

• 2 months later...

Here non-participation isn't a big deal. When the U19's were held in BC a couple of years ago, she missed the easiest scoring chance because of poor foot-eye coordination. All she had to do was put her foot out at a height and let the ball hit her foot and roll into the goal, but she failed to do it.

Archived