A-League Playoffs - Quarterfinals [R]

DJT

Opps. Portland has been so forgettable I forgot. Personally I wouldn't be pleased if Vancouver drew 2,000 less than season average for a playoff game, regardless if it was a weekday or not. In fact I recall the Whitecaps getting over 6,000 for a midweek playoff game in the rain with less than 3 days notice in the past.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems we are on the same wavelength on more than one topic, Krammerhead, as I was also going to post something about how no one is talking about these matches. I was also going to ask whether we should have new threads for the matches involving Canadian teams, but it's probably better to put everything here.

Let's get things started...

<center>A-League Playoffs

Quarterfinals, First LegRochester Raging Rhinos vs. Montreal ImpactFriday, September 3, 2004 - 7:30 PM EDT

Frontier Field, RochesterRadio/Audio Webcast: WYSL 1040 AM Rochester</center>

Match Previews

[*]Rochester

» Rhinos media release

» Democrat and Chronicle

[*]Montreal

» Impact media release

[*]USL

[*]Mike Anhaeuser (Charleston Battery coach)

To Krammerhead and DJT :

It's terrible, even on Impact fans boards, no one talking about this game that is up to date the game of the year for the Impact

It's desperating...

For those who want to chat during the webcast of Rochester - Montreal, you are welcome on the impactsoccer.com chat

It's the same on the Southsiders board, I have never seen an upcoming playoff series have so few people commenting about it, and so few caring. i know a couple of the southsiders have headed off to Edmonton but it's ridiculous.

I just thought I'd throw the "Canadian national team sponsor" comment out there for those Canadian supporters who think that the CSA can go out and find sponsors for the team easily I'm quite sure the CSA finds it as hard to find sponsors interested in the National team as it is to find people interested in the A-League playoffs which are featuring the top two Canadian teams.

I think we should find a place to permanantly link that chat site, it was pretty decent for the chat we had during one of the last Calgary games, even if Cooks was the only Calgary supporter who would talk to me!

I won't be able to chat as I'll be heading out to the Whitecaps game within the hour. Cue the "but you said you won't be going to any more Whitecaps games" comments from certain Voyageurs. It may be the last game of the season, it will be the last game I can attend this season either way, so I'll be there.

Moving back to the west now... updates from matthew on usldiscussions.com, who is receiving updates from someone at the game...

After 6 minutes:

Vancouver 1 Minnesota 0

Corazzin with the goal on a bicycle kick from the penalty spot. Vancouver putting on the pressure to start the match.

Hey its still 1-nil. Vancouver seems to be having a go at the Thunder, first trying to stretch the field wide and then attempting to move up through the middle. While the Thunder are working their game with Roberts having him run overlapping plays.

Could easily be 3-4 goals without some good saves by Warren and great defence by Branan of the Thunder.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Won't allow me to be in their documentary because they don't believe my name is Krammerhead.

Ha, are you serious? I recall when your photo appeared in one of those small community papers a while ago and they had no problem identifying you as Krammerhead. Funny.

I just saw the highlights from both the Montreal and the Vancouver matches on Sportsnet. (Tip of the cap to Sportsnet for that.) It looks like the Whitecaps had a very strong game. And yes, seeing Corazzin score on the bicycle kick brought back great memories from Gold Cup 2000. With Xausa getting the other goal off a Corazzin cross, former National Team members definitely left their stamp on the game. In the Montreal game, it was nice to see Theo Zagar in the net for Rochester...but also nice to see Montreal get the result. When I see the names involved on both Montreal and Vancouver, I have to admit it makes me a little envious. Both of your teams have some great talent.

Blair

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Brilliant bicycle kick by Corazzin. We could all see it coming, at least those of us familiar with Corazzin. Camera crew was in Swangard to do some sort of documentary on soccer fans. Won't allow me to be in their documentary because they don't believe my name is Krammerhead.

Archived