the canada vs guatemala game

way2goeh

I hope your reading this Coach Yallop. This is UNACCEPTABLE. How can Canada notonly score a goal but this team SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I´m f-in tired of supporting a bunch of losers. Ok, the gold cup 2000 was great but this team blows chunks. Its time for me to support Brasil (since i live here). I hope they fire Yallop and get a real coach (from brasil). GOD im so pissed. Sorry every one but guatemala is a horrible team.[xx(]

quote:Originally posted by way2goeh

I hope your reading this Coach Yallop. This is UNACCEPTABLE. How can Canada notonly score a goal but this team SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I´m f-in tired of supporting a bunch of losers. Ok, the gold cup 2000 was great but this team blows chunks. Its time for me to support Brasil (since i live here). I hope they fire Yallop and get a real coach (from brasil). GOD im so pissed. Sorry every one but guatemala is a horrible team.[xx(]

Well you shouldnt quit on them like that! ok they were horrible tonight but you have to support you country weather they loose or win!

quote: hope your reading this Coach Yallop. This is UNACCEPTABLE. How can Canada notonly score a goal but this team SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I´m f-in tired of supporting a bunch of losers. Ok, the gold cup 2000 was great but this team blows chunks. Its time for me to support Brasil (since i live here). I hope they fire Yallop and get a real coach (from brasil). GOD im so pissed. Sorry every one but guatemala is a horrible team

buddy who needs YOU ! this is one game .... Canada needs to gell hard to do when your team is scaterd across the globe to bad about tonight but this is to be expected we will grow and learn ...now you on the other hand you want to support a team NOW you can go ahead and jump the Brazil bandwagon .... Only true Canadians support the red & white

Cheers

I have supported them. I have suported them to every bitter end since 1967. It's too later now to gel, this should have been done before. Yallop has treated this like a walk in the park. I will ocntinure to support the team, and hope for the best, but we have to start getting serious about WCQ. To me, nothing else matters except qualifying. And I will support them to the bitter end until I die...I just ask that they start to get serious in return.

Canucks, I feel your pain...

I remember when the US sucked. We didn't even kid ourselves into thinking that we had a chance. We got clowned and were a laughingstock. Well we aren't anymore. The other so-called football nations in CONCACAF continue to dis us but now it is just jealousy. We are no longer the joke in CONCACAF. We are the DOMINANT force. I was proud of our team when we sucked. Now that we can handle our business, it is "easier" to be a supporter.

Hopefully Canada will get it together. You have good players. Many of us down south are pulling for you. We can relate. We know what it is like to try to swallow the bitter pill of feeling like underachievers on the soccer field. It changed for us. IT CAN CHANGE FOR YOU.

OK, they lost. But everyone take it easy on the team. There was definately an in ability to close the deal on more than one occasion, but their were also a few positives.

17 year old Peters was exciting to see in action. He kind of reminds me of a Paul Scholes - quick, mobile with lots of surprizes.

De Rosario was moving the ball up the field well, just running into problems deep.

I thought Simpson was doing a steady job, but seemed to limit his options when he got to where he wanted to go.

Hey, the Guatemalan defense was pretty stifling. And Ruiz, was making some serious strikes. I don't think the score truly reflected the balance of the game. The only thing that I wonder is if we had a six foot tall, experienced central mid-fielder who had played for 8 years in the Portuguese super liga (including two years on Benfica), who has even played against teams like Lazio - could we have clogged up the middle a bit more and stopped the long strikes that created the goals? (Aguiar)

Brasilian bandwagon eh? I hate brasilian football too....lol I´m the laughing stock of brasil (at work,with friends)to support Canada. I listened to CKNW on the net and even then all the callers were ripping our squad. I thought this team was the best top to bottom for all canadian teams in the past and what happened? The same ol same ol......NO GOALS. Remember 4 years ago? 6 games,1 goal. My grandmother could score a goal. Ive been to many games to see canada (about 9 at Swanguard, Empire Stadium and LA Coliseum). Even though Canada won the Gold Cup in 2000, all nine games they scored zilch. With Honduras scoring 5 goals against CR, we are in BIG and I mean F-IN BIG trouble. Oh well, GO CANUCKS (if there willbe hockey)......lol

PS- close the deal? How about score a goal. And by the sounds of the internet radio game from the guatemala station,it sounded like 6000 guat fans and only 750 canadian fans. And Frank said he wanted to play in Van to be supported by canadian fans. I see this didnt work either. Were in the bloody hell did these guat fans come from? I didnt even know there was a community of them there :( oh well,see you all in 2008 qualifying ( but i hope for now[8)])

I forgot to mention. What is this about the security not letting people not stand? This again is not acceptable. This isnt a Celine Dion concert guys. So let me see if I got this right. Only in Vancouver can you not stand for a game. Try telling that to south american fans and even metallica fans......geeeeeeeez, give me a break you RCMP fools.:(:(:(:(

quote:Originally posted by yankiboy

Canucks, I feel your pain...

I remember when the US sucked. We didn't even kid ourselves into thinking that we had a chance. We got clowned and were a laughingstock. Well we aren't anymore. The other so-called football nations in CONCACAF continue to dis us but now it is just jealousy. We are no longer the joke in CONCACAF. We are the DOMINANT force. I was proud of our team when we sucked. Now that we can handle our business, it is "easier" to be a supporter.

Hopefully Canada will get it together. You have good players. Many of us down south are pulling for you. We can relate. We know what it is like to try to swallow the bitter pill of feeling like underachievers on the soccer field. It changed for us. IT CAN CHANGE FOR YOU.

That is why people should always support your country! I dont recall when U.S sucked in CONCACAF because am only 24yrs old my first WC was Italia 90 and U.S was in it! I have confidence that Canada will become one of the best teams in CONCACAF one day! its not over yet we can still bounce back against Honduras!

WIN OR LOOSE AM ALWAYS WITH YOU CANADA!

Archived