Calgary, Edmonton Trip

Looking through the gallery again, a few things seem clear:

1. The difference between "successful" A-League clubs (attendance, proper stadium, winners) and "struggling" clubs is staggering.

2. Mustangs and EFC need to get cooperation from local government to improve an existing small facility into a 5,000 seat soccer venue. Quit throwing money away on rent to huge 'football' stadia.

3. Alberta is beautiful. Alberta professional soccer is not. :(

Sounderfan,

The reason for Alberta's dismal pro teams is due the central Governmnent in Ottawa not undertstanding Western Canadain needs. Had eastern Canada not turned it's backs on Steven Harper and his pan Canadian bush dream, they would be 2 of the best clubs in the WORLD.

The Avs would be drawing the 15K needed to breal even and the Stangs would be playing to a half full stadium.

We twarted them again...hahahahahahahahahahaha.

On a serious note.

Why does Edmonton automatically get the U-20 finals? I mean with that's city dismal support of pro soccer you's think you stick some grass down at Olmympic Stadium and presto...60 thousand seats...

I wonder if Montreal will even get a game? The best market in Canada right now for the men's game..

Montréal will get games. Probably McGill or (longshot) a revamped CCR. The Big O will NOT, I repeat NOT get games in the same manner that BC Place won't. Put grass in the stadium, you still have a closed stadium with a trauma attached to it for the local population. A stadium of 13,000-25,000 in Montréal (aka CCR-McGill) will be perfect for the games we get (some groups and MAYBE a 1/4).

Well I must admit I find the pictures of Edmonton vary embarasing. The one of Sounders keeper Preston (Farto) Burpo standing covering up his melon with a clear shot of that chain link fence and a mini van in clear view sums things up when you allow "dreamers" to run a team to the ground. ....... I think if you took a picture 2 minutes later you would see some kid dropped off at the rec center ! bush

Archived