The Hangar is now open!

strobe_z

All I have to say is WOW!

I love how your stuff always looks 20 times better and more professional than what is put out by most "professionals" in this country's soccer establishment. What do I have to do to convince you to move to Hamilton (okay, okay I know no one ever wants to move to Hamilton; but Burlington is a nice leafy suburb accross the bay where I live) and become a Thunder supporter? About all I can offer is a spot on the rec league team I run and a free ride to any Thunder home games but state your price and I'll see what I can do.

Mike.

strobe_z: This is really a nice site. It's easy to navigate and the stark color combination is effective. (BTW, is there a link to the A-League site somewhere?)

A couple questions, if you don't mind (I'm interested in the conceptualizing, particularly in content placement). You have seven buttons at the top of the home page. Are you planning more? Where, for example, will you place game reports? Under "Schedule", perhaps? How about player stats?

Also, you have "Latest News and Events" on the homepage, with five items listed. When you get more, where will the "older news" go? Will you have an archive?

I look forward to seeing the site grow and evolve with the team. Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

@BC supporter - The links page is obviously gonna evolve and grow, I just didn't think it was worth keeping the rest of the site under wraps while I worked on a comprehensive links set.

The menu at the top is a small Flash movie. If need be I can add 1-2 more buttons. However, the main concept here will be to add a drop down menu for each section as the site grows. The game reports will be linked trough the result collum in the schedule as well as be part of the news probably. For news management I use CuteNews it's a wonderful little .php script that I highly highly recommend. If you want to see it in action for a better idea on how it handles news check out my other site http://www.fifaconcacaf.com . News can be displayed in categories, links to older news items will appear once the maximum alloted display is reached.

You didn't ask about it, but since this is the first time I've done it this way, I thought I'd mention the site is completely designed in Cascading Style Sheets. Only some of the content is laid out in tables, the rest is all done using <div> tags and classes.

That's one of the behind the scenes backend coding I'm proud of. It's funny, I did the site in tables, then pulled it all apart and redid it in CSS. At the end of the day, visually it looked the same, but from a management/coding perspective it looks so much different.

@BHTC Mike - not planning a move to Hamilton, but I do have a soft spot in my head for canadian soccer fan websites. I might be persuaded to help out here and there... ;)

Archived