Pesch to Derby County!

Peschfan

quote:Originally posted by WilfPTheReal99

That bollocks started with Neil Warnock as quoted by Neil Davidson.

Maybe somebody got him mixed-up with Ocean, who around the same time was offered a contract in Norway for triple the salary he would/might(?) have gotten in MLS had he signed with the Metrostars.

quote:Originally posted by WilfPTheReal99

That bollocks started with Neil Warnock as quoted by Neil Davidson.

Maybe somebody got him mixed-up with Ocean, who around the same time was offered a contract in Norway for triple the salary he would/might(?) have gotten in MLS had he signed with the Metrostars.

quote:Maybe somebody got him mixed-up with Ocean, who around the same time was offered a contract in Norway for triple the salary he would/might(?) have gotten in MLS had he signed with the Metrostars.

I doubt Neil Warnock confused Pesch with Occean. I think it's more a case of a couple of managers posturing for the public. "They paid triple" - "He took a pay cut", they're stating the figures in whatever way makes them look good.

It's just one reason we can't take anything reported too seriously, even if it comes from a coach's mouth. I think in modern sports anything a coach says publicly has probably been carefully thought out to have the effect they want.

the managers here were posturing for the public, but Neil Warnock was more accurate in this case. Pesch is getting a substantially beeter paycheck with Derby than he was getting with Sheffield, somewhere in the area of double to triple. Burley wanted to make it sound nice to the fans aswell as not reveal his wages after struggling financially.

Archived