WOQ: Costa Rica vs. Canada [R]

hamiltonfan

I thought we started fairly well yesterday. We scored early and I figured we had the game in the bag. No fuss, no muss, game over. Unfortunately the players did as well. Once the Ticos realized they could score, they played really well and we looked annoyed that we might have to try to hold them off.

With Athens on the line I can't see us giving anything but 90 minutes worth of fight. If we can get a couple of early goals like we did Monday, I'm sure we'll be fine. Mexico should be tough, but let's not panic. I think we'll pick it up a notch and hopefully we'll have some decent finishing and can take the drama out of things early.

cheers,

matthew

I am so dissapointed in Canada's performance against Mexico. In fact, I am so dissapointed with their performance in the last two games. Even when they beat Costa Rica, Canada looked sloppy and lacking technical skill. We need to get rid of Mr. Pellerud or whatever the hell his name is. His style of dump and chase is so boring, and so not what good soccer should be. Let's learn from this dissapointing showing and take steps toward a better future.

Step 1: Fire Pellerud, Pellarud, or whatever the hell his name is. Dump and chase is for hockey, not soccer.

Step 2: Pump our Woman's team full of steroids and horse tranqulizers, so that they can overpower any other woman's team.....sort of like what Germany does. Ohhhhh! Snap!

Holla at me.

p.s. If you couldn't tell with my last reply, I was completely mocking Helen for her commentary of Woman's soccer. Somebody needs to provide her with a thesaurus and a dictionary. The extent of her list of adjectives is about as long as the list of fans waiting in line for Brampton Hitmen tickets........2- so, and amazing.

As for Gerry Dobson, I am with BHTC Mike on this one. He is no worse than any other North American announcer, and he is a significantly better than Max Bretos. I am so done with my reply. You should so reply.

Archived