Alen Marcina?!?

Hammarby Ultras

Hi ya all... :)

Im a crazy, fanatic fotball supporter of the team Hammarby aka Bajen in Stockholm/Sweden. And i need some help from ya all.

The thing is that Alen Marcina has arrived this evening, over here in Stockholm. And is gona do a tryout with my team during this week, and if he looks good he might even play during a 'friendly' game. And if he seems good enough, we might offer him a contract.

Now, what do i need help with? Well... i would like som info on Alen! And not the ussual stuff i found on the net, ya know, stuff such as: He played 10 games for Ottawa Wizards, and scored 9 goals and 8 assists during 2003 etc, etc.

No what i need help with is if there are any of you, who have seen him play? Cause i would like to know what other fotball supporters think about his capacity, what is his strengths and weaknesses, etc?

thanx ya all... :D

GOD BLESS BAJEN

Bara Bajare

/Peter

P.s. Here ya got a link with some info and history of my team http://www.hammarbyfotboll.se/2/about.asp.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

First of all, welcome to the forum.

I am surprised to hear that Alen Marcina is now in Sweden. I was under the impression that he signed a 3-year deal with PAOK in Greece?

Marcina was signed by PAOK with the full epectation that he'd be loaned out to a lower division team at least for this season. A PAOK message board had stated he was going to be loaned to Greek 3rd division team Veroia, but apparently that's no longer the case.

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Thanx for the welcome... :D

quote:

I am surprised to hear that Alen Marcina is now in Sweden. I was under the impression that he signed a 3-year deal with PAOK in Greece?

Well, when we first found out that Marcina was gona tryout with us, we also heard the rumour that he was on a 3 year contract with PAOK. And that he was only gona be loaned to us for 6 months... And i know that Hammarby wants a good reliable forward on 3 year contract!

So my gues is that he aint on a contract with PAOK, cause i know that Hammarby dosent want to spend time and money on a player that only will be here for 6 months. Or even a season...

quote:

Look forward to hearing about more news about Alen in Sweden.

Well, ill try now an again to drop a few reports on his progress for ya.

He did his first training with Hammarby today. And according to the people who where there Alan looked ok, but he didnt stand out. But hey! Ya cant ask more from a player who just arrived in a new country and new team 16 hours earlier, and who isnt familiar with the other players, coach, training, etc...

So to me, the comment 'He was ok' sounds really good. ;)

Im lookin forward to get more reports on his training and progress with us, and to see him in the 'friendly' we are playing this sunday.

Ill be back with more info on how he is doin later on this week.

Oh, and im still intrested in more info on Alan Marcina... :D

GOD BLESS BAJEN

Bara Bajare

/Peter

Alen Marcina appearently suffered a groin injury on training yesterday, will be out of action for two weeks and has, according to Hammarby's website, returned to PAOK in Greece.

Before the unfortunate training session Hammarby's head coach Anders Linderoth commented that he thought Marcina was the right kind of player for the team and had shown qualities as a striker, even if he needed to see more of Marcina to determine if he was good enough.

Alen Marcina appearently suffered a groin injury on training yesterday, will be out of action for two weeks and has, according to Hammarby's website, returned to PAOK in Greece.

Before the unfortunate training session Hammarby's head coach Anders Linderoth commented that he thought Marcina was the right kind of player for the team and had shown qualities as a striker, even if he needed to see more of Marcina to determine if he was good enough.

Guest Jeffery S.

He's back at PAOK from what I understand, and does indeed have a contract there. The idea was to loan him for a short period to the Swedish team. Thunder has mentioned that they have been supportive of each other in Salonika.

Marcina's swedish tour continues, so I guess the injury was not very serious. According to the website of swedish 1st division club IFK Norrköping (where Belotte had a less fortunate stay), he will have a trial with the club, starting today thursday and including a training match saturday.

Guest Jeffery S.

Thanks for the update Jeffrey S.

Sorry, I guess my source on this is crap. I guess Thunder was referring to warmer moments before he left for Sweden.

Alen Marcina played for IFK Norrköping in today's training match against fellow second tier side Gefle. Marcina scored the consolation goal for the team in a 2-1 loss. According to a match report on a fan site he had problems fitting in and finding his position (ok, it's only his third day with the team), but showed he's dangerous in the box, given the opportunity. No official evaluation from the club yet.

Marcina played again for IFK Norrköping, training match, this time against Åtvidabergs IF, another second tier team. Marcia started, played 66 minutes and assisted to Norrköpings goal in the 1-1 match. I should not try to read anything in to the fact that he was subbed out.

Archived