Bircham accused of taunting Brentford fans

I'd just like to say that the problem isn't with Bircham but soccer fans in general. If a leaf fan kissed his logo at the Corel centre, the fans would maybe throw stuff but wouldn't riot with Leaf fans in attendence. There is such a thing as taking sports too seriously...Yes, even soccer. I'd moon away fans if I we're in their position. Makes for a healthier rivalry.

Alex

What a joke..

He's a passionate player, who cares what he has under his jersey, he's representing our country and showing more passion for it than 95% of the guys born here.

It's funny how folks have such a selective memory and are so fickle when deciding who is 'Canadian' enough for the team.

Lets not forget Radzinski was born in Poland.

So?

HE plays for Canada and he plays with passion that many players on the MNT seem to lack right now.

Why throw a qualifier on it?

Like someone else said, if he kissed the maple leaf on his jersey after scoring at Azteca, thus pissing off all of the locals after Canada's shock victory...

Would you be so quick to condemn him?

Bircham exhibits passion because that's just the type of person he is - not because he's particularly passionate about Canada.

Remember, this is the same guy who got a Millwall tattoo while suiting up for them - despite claiming to be a boyhood QPR fan...

The fact that he was ready to reveal his QPR shirt undernearth his Canada kit had he scored against Finland reveals where his true passion lies, and that's with QPR.

I don't have a problem with it, I'm just stating what I see to be the reality of the situation.

And you're Radz comparison is bogus.

quote:Originally posted by Natesta

So?

HE plays for Canada and he plays with passion that many players on the MNT seem to lack right now.

Why throw a qualifier on it?

Like someone else said, if he kissed the maple leaf on his jersey after scoring at Azteca, thus pissing off all of the locals after Canada's shock victory...

Would you be so quick to condemn him?

Yes I would still feel the same way. I doubt that he's good enough to be playing a WCQ versus Mexico let alone scoring the winning goal.

alright guys...here's my opinion on the matter. If a guy chooses to play for us, not a greatly ranked country in soccer, he must feel strongly for us. Its not like they're choosing us cause we're gonna be in the world cup every 4 years. Honestly, if i was good enough, i'd be eligible for France. I dont think i'f choose to play for france, cause i feel so strongly bout Canada, but you never know. in the case of OH, He did what he thought was best for his soccer career, which is his career for his life, whether it be as a player or whatever else...As much as i wish a player of his skill played for Canada, i have to respect his descision. Sure he previously said he would play for Canada.....but he WAS snubbed by holger....and who honestly hasn't gone against their previous word sometime in their life? No one is perfect, and pro athletes are no diff. I will patriotically cheer for anyone who descides to put on our nation's soccer kit...and lets have a toast to a Canadian team representation at the 06 world cup.

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

The fact that he was ready to reveal his QPR shirt undernearth his Canada kit had he scored against Finland reveals where his true passion lies, and that's with QPR.

Club and country are two different things... so why should his passion for QPR have any affect on his Canada career?

If I played for Canada, and revealed a Whitecaps t-shirt under my kit after scoring, would that make my passion for Canada any less?

I'd agree with you about having his QPR top on under his Canadian one, I don't think England fans would like it very much if Beckham turned up with a Real madrid top under his England one. By the way Mimiglow, can I add Patrick Viera to your list of shame? He should be playing for Senegal, not France.

Archived