Rumours persist of Canada vs. Scotland in May

Gian-Luca

in Canada, I might add. There is a thread on the Tartan Army Board about a Scotland tour of Canada & the US, with sources claiming the tour is on but not to expect any official announcements until after the 17th. The Tartan Army Board rumours suggest Toronto as the venue, but the rumours on bigsoccer in the Scottish forum suggest that the match will be held in Vancouver. Vancouver seems more logical, but due to the whole Celtic thing I guess Toronto can't be ruled out altogether (if this is happening at all, but rumours have been flying for quite some time now & Yallop is itching for a home friendly so I'm betting we'll see something).

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Well you never know....I did a google search to find the Tartan Army website & came across a Vancouver Tartan Army website (though I didn't check it out). So we might be in trouble there as well.

There were quite a few Celtic fans that drove down from Vancouver

to Seattle for the ManU match. There'll be just as many Tartan fans

there as in Toronto.

On Monday's Fox Sports World Report, Bobby McMahon said that a Scotland tour of North America is unlikely. He said that they have been unable to reach an agreement on financial guarantees and, from Canada's perspective, the timing does not agree with the CSA's plans for WCQ preparation.

Archived