Bayern Munich go to Celtic Park.

Cheeta

A brand new set of speakers on the PC at work and a 1:45 kickoff (Winnipeg time) finds Cheeta happily toiling away at the service desk tomorrow.

An injury riddled Munich side will try to keep their Champion's League hopes alive by accomplishing something no other side has yet, that is to take points from Celtic out of Glasgow. A loss by the German side pretty much seals for them an unhappy fate.

It's already been publicly said Bayern needs the Champion's League cash, badly, and while Maakay seems to have been on a role of late it could very well be too little a threat from the German side against a Celtic team which can play some very aggresive, attacking football on their home grounds.

Hedman may not get his chance for revenge (redemption?) after loosing Celtic a point in Munich having gone out against Dundee U. on the weekend. All the better. Glad to see Douglas guarding the net.

Sticking my spotted neck out a bit and calling a two goal Celtic victory. Sutton with the pair. One from the spot.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Sticking my spotted neck out a bit and calling a two goal Celtic victory. Sutton with the pair. One from the spot.

Wow! That's optimistic! But also lets not forget to mention that Celtic has a 62-game home unbeaten streak (since their loss to Ajax, thank you)! So naturally my prediction is - Celtic 1:2 Bayern.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

You going to listen to the game via UEFA LIVE ACTION? I find the service great!!! You can also watch the match 2 hours after it has been played! Well worth the $60 ...

So you subscribe to it? At first I thought no way would I do that, but then when I realized that you get to watch every game (even if not live) I started to reconsider... On the other hand, how much time do I have to watch all those games!!!

Yes, I signed up the moment Dynamo Kyiv entered the first group stage :) Basically after the game ends you can watch the match on your PC. I usually hook up the computer to the TV and watch it on there. The feed is a 300Kbit/s REAL ONE Video stream. It's fairly high quality. All matches are broadcast, you get all the goals on video, major events, highlights and of course during the gametime live audio from all of the games. They broadcast some games in different languages like Italian Spanish and German. But so far I've been able to listen to Dynamo vs Arsenal home and away in English :)

Hey, that sounds pretty hot. Forced this year to subscribe to Celtic Replay at $10 a month. Used to get the audio for nothing and now I got to pay! Wretched business this paying for services! Anyway, they've video stream broadcast a good number of the matchs, and offer the usual 20 minute highlights for those that aren't. Have to say even with my dinosaur of a computer I'm pretty pleased. A little poorer, but pretty pleased

Full after match coverage for today's fixture!

Bayern looked good for an away match. Don't think they'd have been cheated had Celtic won, but they weren't undeserving of a draw either. Another night, things just a wee bit different here and there and it's all hoops accompanied by tears and crying back in Munich.

Khan's still got it. Couple of nice saves but 90% of his quality was anticipation and possitioning. Save of the match belong to Hargreaves though, holding the post and denying the Welshman a nice heading score.

Speaking of Hargreaves, dosen't look like some Voyageurs are the only ones who think the man a whore. Bayern's Canadian born Englishman he was refered to as and I got the impression it wasn't just in passing. I mention this because it isn't the 1st time I've heard this phrase applied to Mr. Hargreaves by an English (Scottish) announcer. Kind of interesting. OH had a not bad match. Spiked potential England squad rival, Allan Thompson pretty good at least once. But then, Thompson had a target all over him for much of the contest.

Playing for all the pennys next month in France. A win or a draw and Celtic go through, so at the least, they've got their fate in their own hands.

You going to listen to the game via UEFA LIVE ACTION? I find the service great!!! You can also

watch the match 2 hours after it has been played! Well worth the $60 ...

Either that or watch the game on Setenta LIVE for $10 & better (TV) quality.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Bayern looked good for an away match. Don't think they'd have been cheated had Celtic won, but they weren't undeserving of a draw either. Another night, things just a wee bit different here and there and it's all hoops accompanied by tears and crying back in Munich.

Well, Bavarians still would be able to drown their sorrows with the best beer in the World. So its win/win from their POV! ... Anyway, that didn't happen. I can't remember the last time a team entered the final group-stage matchday in last place yet were still in such great position to advance!

One Problem. You can't get all games on Setanta. Not the ones I'm looking for - Dynamo vs Lokomotiv.

That's true for sure! The only way ESPN will show Dynamo or Lokomotiv is if they are playing Real Madrid. I was just referring to the games involving English and Scottish teams. They're always on TV, either pay-per-view or regular!

Archived