To our Finnish friends.

Vancouver Fan

Since you now have had the opportunity to watch your natinal team against 3 consecutive Concacaf teams can you provide us your opinions on the recent friendlies against Costa Rica and Honduras?How would you compare their teams to that of Canadas.Did Finland field as strong a side against Honduras and Costa Rica as they did against Canada?Thanks in advance.

Haven't seen the games played on your continent (Honduras,Costa Rica)

It seems like our head coach went to America expecting a holiday-like trip.

I'm suprised the finnish squad managed "as well as they did".

I would(ofcourse)say that the same line up as we had against Canada in the first half, would have crushed Costa Rica and Honduras.

Here's the line up against Costa Rica:

M. Kavén, T. Kuivasto, M. Heikkinen (M. Koppinen, al 46), J. Pasoja (P. Roiha, al 64), V. Nylund, P. Kopteff, R. Hakanpaa (J. Hietanen, al 46), M. Nurmela, T. Tainio, A. Eremenko (P. Lagerblom, al 74), J. Niemi (M. Kottila, al 82).

quote:Originally posted by Northern Star

I would(ofcourse)say that the same line up as we had against Canada in the first half, would have crushed Costa Rica and Honduras.

Huh.

So you're saying that a depleted team will not do as well as the best team?

And that the team may therefore not necessarily be a nation's best representation?

What an interesting admission.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

quote:Originally posted by Northern Star

Isn't that just what you guys been talking about all along?

I'll chalk that up to irony being difficult for a non-native speaker to detect (and I'm not criticising, your English is far better than, say, my French). But yes, that was the point. I'm glad you Finns have finally caught up to us in something.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Just had a horrible thought.

It won't be too long before our lads will be making those 16ish hour flights/airport shuffles from Europe to the heat and humidity of Central America and the West Indies.

Well, at least they can get off easy with only having to fly across an ocean and a continent to play the home matchs. With team mates they see at least a good twice, three times a year.

Errrr..

I'm liking this Halifax hosting a whack of WCQ matchs idea more and more every minute. Just during the European seasons mind you. Give the rest of us a chance for a home date during the summer.

Archived