Kiss goodbye

The Ref

According reports from Floya in Norway it seems that Kristina Kiss has made a firm commitment to her Club to de detriment of her continuing participation with the women's National side. Is this a blessing in disguise for Pellerud? He certainly needs top midfielder players and although Kiss is a hard working gal with a nice personality, she was not a standout at the last WC like Timko was.

i'm super bummed to hear about this, but everything indicates that kristina will no longer be taking part in nat'l team events, which i think is a huge loss to the canadian side because she's an excellent player and person. there really isn't another player on the team that can do set pieces like her and flight balls in.

i am sure many factors played into this decision ... and definitely more so than meets the eye. i bet it was a tough decision for her to make, especially since i know going to the olympics was one of her dreams ... thus why i was caught slightly offguard by these developments considering there's such a "short" turnover period b/t the WWC and olympics next year.

but nonetheless, kristina is a great player and i wish her all the best. i will definitely miss her on the nat'l side, as she is an amazing player and an even better person -- one of my faves to talk to/look forward to seeing.

elaine

i'm super bummed to hear about this, but everything indicates that kristina will no longer be taking part in nat'l team events, which i think is a huge loss to the canadian side because she's an excellent player and person. there really isn't another player on the team that can do set pieces like her and flight balls in.

i am sure many factors played into this decision ... and definitely more so than meets the eye. i bet it was a tough decision for her to make, especially since i know going to the olympics was one of her dreams ... thus why i was caught slightly offguard by these developments considering there's such a "short" turnover period b/t the WWC and olympics next year.

but nonetheless, kristina is a great player and i wish her all the best. i will definitely miss her on the nat'l side, as she is an amazing player and an even better person -- one of my faves to talk to/look forward to seeing.

elaine

A blessing in disguise? This is a disaster in my book. We need more players who possess the ball control skills, imagination & passing ability that Kiss brought to the team,and right now (going into the Olympics) they are in short supply. She will be sorely missed on the field.

A blessing in disguise? This is a disaster in my book. We need more players who possess the ball control skills, imagination & passing ability that Kiss brought to the team,and right now (going into the Olympics) they are in short supply. She will be sorely missed on the field.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

she's definitely a sneaky and agressive player as well. She'll be missed. I still can't understand why she's leaving.

Why would she give up a chance to win a medal at the olympics? It doesnt make sense. Lets be honest, in womens soccer the WWC and the Olympics are everything. Having to choose between a semi-pro club and a shot at an olympic medal is a no-brainer. Thus, this decision makes no sense. Something fishy is going on here.

Archived