lineup v. czech's.

bettermirror

we've done it before and let's do it again.

this is my dream world squad!

-------------------hirschfeld

------------menezes---------de vos

----nsaliwa------------------------jazic

---------------------aguiar

----de guzman----------------------brennan

---------------------stalteri

------------radzinski--------de rosario

bench:

onstad

peschisolido

bent

bircham

mckenna

i didn't select hume, hutchinson, or mckenna cuz they should be off with the u23's correct? nsaliwa and de guzman should be off too, but i think the czech's would have real trouble with their pace. so i want them with the first team.

I rate Olympic qualification ahead of a friendly, so I think the U-23s should have all hands on deck for the series against El Salvador even though DeGuzman, Nsaliwa and their contemporaries obviously have a lot to contribute to the World Cup team as well.

The other thing I think we should do for the Czech friendly is go with 5 at the back. Our defence has been appalling lately and the Czechs are a real attacking powerhouse so I think a 5-4-1 is appropriate here. Otherwise, I think we'll get killed by them.

Thus, without the U-23s, my 5-4-1 lineup would look like this:

GK: Hirschfeld

SW: Menezes

LB: Jazic

RB: McKenna

CB: DeVos

CB: Reda

LM: Brennan

RM: Bircham

CM: Aguiar

CM: Stalteri

ST: Radzinski

Subs: Peschisolido, Onstad, Hastings, Bent, Imhoff

Aguiar would be the holding midfielder while Stalteri's job would be to get up and support Radzinski whenever we get the ball. Bircham is in there only for his set piece ability, since I expected that our best chance for a goal against the Czechs will be off of a Bircham set piece.

I'll play this game:

----------------Hirschfeld

Bircham---Reda---DeVos---Jazic

------Bent-------Aguiar----Brennan

------------------Stalteri

----------Radzinski---Pesch

Subs: Stamatopolous, Hastings, Imhof, Menezes, Xausa (since I can't think of anyone else over 23 who would be already at fwd).

With so many out due to U23s and Onstad and DeRosario assumed out with club duty, this is my pick. I totally disagree with Mike D's philosophy. Winning a friendly is less important than learning from it. Completely changing our tactics or playing a bunker style sort of defeats the purpose of playing good teams doesn't it? Sure we could keep it closer with a different lineup,but if we don't intend to use (except when we think we're up against it, which I disagree with as well) what's the point.

Besides these are the Czechs! Yeah they're a pretty good team and at full strength will be better than the German team we faced, but it's not like we're playing Brazil 70 (or even Brazil 94 for that matter) over there.

cheers,

matthew

Heres one...

Hirschfeld

Brennan

Devos

Watson

Jazic

Stalteri

Bircham

Bent

Imhof

Radzinski

Peschisoloido

Subs:

Stamatopolous

Xausa

Hastings

McKenna

Corazzin

I dont Know if Aguiar would be called up or not, hard to say. Onstad and De Rosario likely with San Jose.

All of the younger players are ommitted for U-23 duties so this is the team that is most likely to be called up, give or take a couple players.

Archived