Old treasures found at Cheeta's mum's.

Cheeta

Which is a rare thing indeed. You should know that this is the same women who sold all my LPs, 12" singles, and Atari cartridges for a couple of bucks at a garage sale decades ago.

Anyway, she unloaded a box of stuff on me a while back which amongst other things contained a pile of Winnipeg Fury game programs. Some I already had, some she had, and alas, others are forever lost I'm guessing. Used the Little One's scanner/printer and copied a few of the more interesting covers which are in better shape.

So for those who are interested, old enough to remember, or just pining for a CSL return, or more likely a very rapid A-League expansion scheme go have a look.

http://community.webshots.com/user/cheeta339

Haa. It worked!

Same venue.

Nice main grandstand. Added seating winging the grandstand. Seating a bit too far back but oh well. Nice sheltered playing field. Good washrooms! Actualy, a realy nice little stadium for football. Guessing it'll hold about 6,500-7,000. Could probably put as many on the grass enbankments enclosing the field. Terrace "seating" Canadian style.

Complaint used to be it was too far out in the City's southern neighbourhoods (and man, is it) but if the next 15 years are like the last 15 years everyone will be living out there anyway. If you're willing to drive to WSC, add 6 minutes you can and go to Pan-Am

Yeah! Yeah! Bet you're dead on!

That whole year was a bit of a blur never minding it was a decade ago. Thanks. Somehow I remember the fellow as a defender but for what ever reason Miller came to mind. Was a bit unsure 'cause somehow I recall mister Miller being a little more, uhmmm, manly looking.

Wasn't the best year by a long shot. Long drive to the new digs at WSC. Foster's Lager the exclusive brew (bleah!). Sadly, many is the night that was only saved by the loving arms of alcohol.

Archived