FIFA still hasn't approved Concacaf WC qualifying

Massive Attack

CONCACAF’s 2006 World Cup qualifying decisions to be made by FIFA in December

17.10.03 - FIFA will make the final decisions regarding CONCACAF's 2006 World Cup qualifying format and dates at their next series of meetings in Frankfurt, Germany at the beginning of December 2003.

The announcement was made by FIFA at the conclusion of a meeting of the Executive Committee in Doha, Qatar today.

The decisions to be taken by the Organizing Committee of the 2006 FIFA World Cup, and then submitted to the Executive Committee for approval, will also include the issue of the play-offs for the four half-slots. COMPLETE CONCACAF WORLD CUP 2006 QUALIFYING SCHEDULE

Additionally, on the basis of the report submitted by the official FIFA delegation that visited Antigua and Barbuda in August, the committee today lifted the suspension imposed on the country's National Association.

http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.asp?id=2197

quote:Originally posted by Crazy_Yank

I hpe they don't approve it. I think it's stupid to not have the best teams enter during the semi-finals. I can't see how the US beating Puerto Rico 20-0 will help the sport. Look at Canada's olympic qualifier against the USVI. Did that help the sport down there?

If FIFA disapproves of Concacaf's format, they must also disapprove of UEFA's! It's basically the same - crappy teams entering the qualifying at the same time as the best teams! Personally I hope they disapprove of both. Not gonna happen though...

Archived