goaltending

snake

I don't get it either. There are no issues with goaltending. Hirschfeld is obviously the #1 keeper. I think in the games vs Finland Onstad was to be tested because of his outstanding play in the MLS as of late.

Forrest is retired and he's not coming back.

I think our problems lie in our aged defense. It's time to bring in some young talent on board.

I agree, in goal we have 2 decent goaltenders. Lars should be the starter any day, he has loads of talent. All he needs is time to settle in and get a starting spot in the EPL. Craig Forrest raised the bar very high, but I think Lars has the talent to reach that level or at least get very close. A goalie career is long so we have to wait and see.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

I don't get it either. There are no issues with goaltending. Hirschfeld is obviously the #1 keeper. I think in the games vs Finland Onstad was to be tested because of his outstanding play in the MLS as of late.

Forrest is retired and he's not coming back.

I think our problems lie in our aged defense. It's time to bring in some young talent on board.

I agree with Hirschfeld being #1. Onstad is inconsistant at best and never seems quite comfortable with himself and I am not sure he is providing much of leadership to his defense. We need to hire a proper goalkeeper coach and stop using the equipment manager as goalkeeper coach. If I am allowed the comparison with the women who have a goalkeeper coach one can see the difference. Fortunately I believe that Hirschfeld has a proper coach in his home team.

Archived