Kelowna To Host Second Round Olympic Qualifier

Massive Attack

Men's Olympic (U-23) Team

Thursday, October 02, 2003

Kelowna To Host Second Round Olympic Qualifier

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=1492

Ottawa, Ontario – The Canadian Soccer Association is pleased to announce that Canada’s home game of second round Olympic qualifications against El Salvador will be played at the Apple Bowl Stadium in Kelowna, British Columbia on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 at 7:00 p.m. The first game of the home and away series will be played in El Salvador on November 15th or 16th.

The winner of the series will advance to the qualifying tournament involving two groups of four teams in Mexico from February 2-12, 2004. The winners of each group automatically qualify for the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

Canada advanced to the second round after sweeping the US Virgin Islands 24-0 in the two games of the first round played in September, 2003.

Teams must use players born after January 1, 1981 for Olympic Qualifying.

Tickets are priced at $19.00 and will be available starting on Thursday, October 16th through the Central Okanagan Youth Soccer Association Office at (250) 862-9243 or Chairman of the Local Organizing Committee Doug Welder's Office at (250) 868-8228.

man, i am sooo excited about this!

i live in chilliwack so it's an easy drive!!!!

i haven't seen canada play live since the pesch-with-the-flag v. el salvador incident in vancouver for world cup 98!

hopefully we come into the match at least 1-1 so that we can run the el salvadorans down with the bitter okanagan cold of november!

this is great. i have weekdays off work and my dad is retired so we can go. i am so stoked!

Archived