Hate paying for things I used to get for free.

Cheeta

[:0][:0]!! Get you mind out of the gutter.

Talking about getting internet audio coverage of Celtic matchs. Sheesh. Truthfully, too fat and lazy to drag my sorry arse down to the Irish Club. What's a guy to do.

OOH! Larssen just netted a header off a free kick 2 minutes into the 2nd half. One-nil leading Motherwell, the Swede's 208th marker in the hoops. Geezus, that's a lot of goals.

Anyway, I still hate paying for things that I used to get for free. Five pounds poorer a month now.

And that completes this morning's whine.

I always thought that the Scottish matches on FSWC were pretty useless for non-Celtic and non-Rangers fans since, except for the derbies, they were almost always uninteresting from a neutral point of view. However, I can sympathize that you had to go from seeing every match on TV to having to pay for even an audio Webcast. I think it's just horrible that teams charge for audio Webcasts, especially since they are very easy and cheap to do and so it can't be anything other than a cash grab. This seems to be just a British thing, why is that? To make even more money and still not win anything in Europe? [:P] Anyway, if I were you I'd be even more upset.

I always thought that the Scottish matches on FSWC were pretty useless for non-Celtic and non-Rangers fans since, except for the derbies, they were almost always uninteresting from a neutral point of view. However, I can sympathize that you had to go from seeing every match on TV to having to pay for even an audio Webcast. I think it's just horrible that teams charge for audio Webcasts, especially since they are very easy and cheap to do and so it can't be anything other than a cash grab. This seems to be just a British thing, why is that? To make even more money and still not win anything in Europe? [:P] Anyway, if I were you I'd be even more upset.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

This seems to be just a British thing, why is that? To make even more money and still not win anything in Europe? [:P] Anyway, if I were you I'd be even more upset.

I'm still amazed how much Brits will pay to get their footie-fix! They would pay $10-20 to see the Celtic-Arsenal PRE-season game (or was it Rangers-Arsenal)? Ridiculous!

PS... Bayern-Leverkusen was the best match today from ANY league and it was FREE!

I used to listen to Wolves' free broadcast (complete with halftime ads for local businesses), but they cut them last season. I can't quite bring myself to pay for live Internet radio, even though it means I only saw them in the playoffs last year, and I've only seen one Premiership match this year.

I think Newcastle still had free Internet radio lasy year, but I'm not sure if they've still got it. Considering how much other top Premiership clubs charge for their online packages, that's pretty impressive. Everything's about money these days...

It's not as though it's a lot of money. It's just the whole idea of it all. Like DJT wrote, it's great marketing at next to no expense. Lets jerks like me stay in touch with "Dad's team" (or the equivenent) and we end up going out and dropping $100 on a shirt every year because the kit's are constantly changing, or the sponsor, etc, etc.

(By the way. Celtic's new away kit is hot. Worth a purchase by any fashion athelete, or Celtic part-timer-wannabee just for the look. Very nice.)

But it did get me to thinking. If 50,000 people suscribe world wide, that's 250,000 pounds monthly for the season! No chump change.

Might have to start getting up earlier saturdays anyway. Miss a good yell and I've heard rumor Shannon's is giving the EPL a saturday morning go. Going to look a little into that.

Archived