follow follow follow

Wales4Portugal2003

quote:Originally posted by Wales4Portugal2003

follow follow follow

cos wales are goin to porto

therell be thousands of reds

pissed outta their heads

cos wales are going to porto

I heard that Finland gets to see NHL games on 7 days tape-delay! Apparently it is the same thing for soccer!!?? Did you not receive the results of the qualifying matches last week? Wales are finished! See ya in 2 years for WCQ!

You better hope they don't have any injuries. When Wales played the US over the summer it was against the weakest US team I've seen since 1993. We only took players from 2 MLS squads, and a couple who had red cards so they hadn't played the previous weekend. That joke of a US team made Wales look foolish. I know it wasn't your best 11, but it was made of of guys who play in the premiership and 1st division. Teams with poor depth generally aren't successfull in the long run.

Wales have had problems because of injuries and suspensions but soon they will get back ones like Bellamy, Gabbidon and SAVAGE!

Then problems are over and Super-Robbie will lead Welsmen to Porto.

They maybe lost you but that was just a friendly.

They have already beat Italy and Germany and hold Argentina to a draw.

And of course they have played against lesser countries - like Finland, but Welshmen don't even need to keep count of matches against that kind of losers.

quote:Originally posted by Crazy_Yank

You better hope they don't have any injuries. When Wales played the US over the summer it was against the weakest US team I've seen since 1993. We only took players from 2 MLS squads, and a couple who had red cards so they hadn't played the previous weekend. That joke of a US team made Wales look foolish. I know it wasn't your best 11, but it was made of of guys who play in the premiership and 1st division. Teams with poor depth generally aren't successfull in the long run.

But the U.S. team has poor depth too, except at 'keeper.

Don't think much can be learned from that friendly either. If there's anything more meaningless (not to mention, boring) than an international friendly, I'm not sure what it is!? But especially so when one team has to travel half-way around the world during their off-season and play without their best player(s)!

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

But the U.S. team has poor depth too, except at 'keeper.

Don't think much can be learned from that friendly either. If there's anything more meaningless (not to mention, boring) than an international friendly, I'm not sure what it is!? But especially so when one team has to travel half-way around the world during their off-season and play without their best player(s)!

We have poor depth compared to world class nations. Not compared to our concacaf opponents or teams the stature of Wales.

Archived