Juve - AC Milan Supercup on TV?

Jarrek

Not in Canada, according to soccertv.com.

I'm sure it is being braodcast somewhere in Italy (whether it can bepicked up by sattelite here is questionable), but in North America, the site only says that it is available, same day delay, on

Sun Aug 03 05:00PM Pacific

Sun Aug 03 06:00PM Mountain

Sun Aug 03 07:00PM Central

Sun Aug 03 08:00PM Eastern

Length: 2 hr SDD

Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia (cable only)

Calcio Italiano - SuperCoppa Italiana

AC Milan vs Juventus

I guess there are to many things happening elsewhere, and it's not part of the "Champions World Series" being shown on Rodgers.

Too bad, I guess both teams, especially Lippi, are serious about this. he is starting both Del Piero and Trezeugeut.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change

the subject. -- Winston Churchill

I'd put an "R" in the message header except that Jarrek ranks above me in the hierarchy and I can't edit his posts! Oh well, what are the chances that anyone is going to be watching this later...

Final:

Juventus 1 Milan 1 - PK 5-3

MIL Pirlo (PK) ~105'

JUV Trezeguet ~105'

(The goals were scored at the very end of the first half of Silver Goal extra time. Pirlo's goal (a controversial PK awarded by Collina) would have won it for Milan had the whistle blown to end the half, but Trezeguet tied it less than one minute later.)

PK:

JUV Di Vaio

MIL Pirlo

JUV Trezeguet

MIL Serginho

JUV Birindelli

MIL Brocchi - stopped by Buffon

JUV Camoranesi

MIL Nesta

JUV Ferrara

See story at http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug3i.html.

How silly is it that a meaningless Barcelona vs. Man United is on TV and this one isn't? The first one that actually means something and we don't get it. To make things worse, it sounds like it was an exciting game as the teams probably weren't as cautious as in the CL final. [V] However, it appears that we may be getting a treat with the UEFA Supercup. Apparently it will be on FSWC! :D

Milan was up for 6 trophies this year, which I guess is the most possible except in countries with two domestic cups. Well, 5 chances remaining now.

SIX trophies! Okay, I thought I knew a little bit about Italian soccer, but...Euro Cup, Coppa Italia, possibly the Berlusconi trophy in two weeks against Juve again..uh and WHAT ELSE! Italy doesn't have a League Cup, does it? I HATE Milan.............

"Washington wouldn't have such a high crime rate if it weren't for the murders". - former Mayor Barry

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Just to clear everything up, here are the six trophies Milan had a chance to win this season.

1. The Italian Super Cup (which they just lost to Juve)

2. The Italian Championships

3. The Italian Cup

4. The UEFA Super Cup

5. The Champions League

6. The Euro/S.American Cup (The Champions League winner v. the Copa Liberatadores winner)

You got it!

Also, to clear things up regarding domestic cups, technically the Coppa Italia is the Italian League Cup in the sense that it is open only to league teams (all Serie A and Serie B teams, plus 10 Serie C1 teams). What Italy doesn't have is a cup open to all clubs (like the English FA Cup).

The game was so-so, but not too different from the Champions' League final for the first 90 minutes. If not for Trezeguet's amazing equalizer it wouldn't have been much better. But that's a big "IF"! For that moment everyone in that stadium was a Juve fan! Collina actually signalled for only 1 extra minute for injury time in that O.T. period. By the time Milan connected from the penalty spot, that one minute was already expired. Guess he was feeling a bit guilty for giving that penalty as he still gave Juve a second extra minute to equalize. Not one of Collina better games overall.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

How silly is it that a meaningless Barcelona vs. Man United is on TV and this one isn't? The first one that actually means something and we don't get it. To make things worse, it sounds like it was an exciting game as the teams probably weren't as cautious as in the CL final. [V] However, it appears that we may be getting a treat with the UEFA Supercup. Apparently it will be on FSWC! :D

Andrew, New York City

I take back what I said about Collina's performance in the Juve/Milan game. After seeing the game on TV, that penalty he gave to Milan in O.T. was clearly deserved. The Milan player was tackled NFL-style! The fact that Collina saw it (considering the player didn't even have the ball) and had the guts to make the call at that stage of the game is impressive and probably why he's the world's best ref. and why I'm watching the game from the cheap-seats!

Andrew, New York City

Archived