Could someone please....

Remove the story referring to "Holger Osieck’s crew [fighting] gallantly against the odds, and against tough Costa Rican opposition, to obtain three points via the most secure means possible" from the Voyageurs front page.

It's embarrassing.

Failing its removal, at least write a second write up detailing the less than gallant effort against Cuba. If you don't have time i'll write it.

The idiot is completely sure of the rightness of his argument while the intelligent person is riddled with doubt.

I agree! Not to mention, if it wasn't for that Costa Rican striker (name escapes me right now) who pulled about 5 Diego Forlans in the 2nd half, that game would have been another loss for Canada!

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Remove the story referring to "Holger Osieck’s crew [fighting] gallantly against the odds, and against tough Costa Rican opposition, to obtain three points via the most secure means possible" from the Voyageurs front page.

It's embarrassing.

Failing its removal, at least write a second write up detailing the less than gallant effort against Cuba. If you don't have time i'll write it.

The idiot is completely sure of the rightness of his argument while the intelligent person is riddled with doubt.

Andrew, New York City

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

I agree! Not to mention, if it wasn't for that Costa Rican striker (name escapes me right now) who pulled about 5 Diego Forlans in the 2nd half, that game would have been another loss for Canada!

Andrew, New York City

You are thinking of Parks, but are grossly exaggerating. He whiffed on one ball (not 5), and that's it. He had a couple of bad angle shots & Lars made a good save on another chance. And then Costa Rica did diddly squat for the last 30 minutes of the match, when they needed a goal the most.

Even the wolf can learn. Even the sheep can turn. Even the frog can become at last the prince. - Peter Hammill, Over (1977)

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Please do so! Tyler should be commended for writing these articles, because no one else does. But as far as I can tell, he writes them when he feels like it and then they are posted, that's it. There's no attempt to keep the front page up to date, not until the new site is ready. I'm sure that any decent article will be posted, just contact Jarrek. (BTW, I have no control over the main site.)

quote:The idiot is completely sure of the rightness of his argument while the intelligent person is riddled with doubt.
I like that, who wrote it and where?

quote:Originally posted by DJT

I like that, who wrote it and where?

It's one of those old sayings that is impossible to find attribution for...

I was reminded of it when I came across it in a news column and thought it was the perfect sig for a discussion board (ANY discussion board).

I still HATE the fact that I have to sign up for this board. HATE. HATE. HATE.

I'm just over it, that's all.

Archived