Guzman In Portugal

mikeviegas

Guest Jeffery S.

David Guzman? Don't know that name, don't think it is the Julian and Jonathan clan but good to hear.

Nice to hear from you Mike, how are things? Are you a Benfica follower?

Do you think Fernando is just being assessed or is it clear he is back for sure with the squad for 2003-4?

They start their pre-season in Jerez, Spain, this Sunday.

Make the ball run, so you don't have to.

-Johan Cruyff

quote:Originally posted by mikeviegas

Training with Gil Vicente.

http://www.ojogo.pt/19-133/Artigo291718.htm

Guzman was refered as a young offensive midfielder, who represented Canada at all Levels. An will be observed in the pre season training camp.

Fernando Aguiar who was on loan last season to Leiria has returned to Benfica for this season for assesment by manage Jose Antonio Camacho

I've seen the name David Guzman before metioned in association with Canadian youth soccer I think. But I can't find when he represented Canada in the CSA game capsules. Anyway he is a contemporary of Franco Lalli, Marco Casalinuovo and Jeremy Sheppard with all four representing Ontario at the National All Star Championships in 2000.

Online Translation:

David Guzmán, a medium offensive youth of 18 years, that was international canadiano in all of the young steps, is expected today in the Airport Francisco Alone Sheep, in the Port, by the responsible of the Gil Vicente. Guzmán is going to be observed during the pré season by Mário we Laugh, being the technician it decide themselves the canadiano will interest to the club of Barcelos.

With the arrival of Guzmán, increase for two the number of youths to the experience, therefore Mário we Laugh also is going to observe the Brazilian Fábio Januário, that bastes in the Colatina, of Holy Spirit, the same club of where arrived Edinho, a medium one of cover that rubricou I hire to 2006.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

David Guzmán is a huge surprise to me. I can see that he is from Toronto, born in 1985. I hate to bring this up, but is this guy cap for Canada???

No, Guzman is not cap-tied to Canada. If he had been it would have been at the 2001 CONCACAF U17 Championships in the USA with Belotte, Lalli, Casalinuovo and Sheppard. But lets hope the best for him in Portugal and maybe he will be asked to represent Canada at the next U20 qualifying tournament.

quote:Originally posted by David C.

Online Translation:

David Guzmán, a medium offensive youth of 18 years, that was international canadiano in all of the young steps, is expected today in the Airport Francisco Alone Sheep, in the Port, by the responsible of the Gil Vicente. Guzmán is going to be observed during the pré season by Mário we Laugh , being the technician it decide themselves the canadiano will interest to the club of Barcelos.

I love online translators. :D

lol These online translators do crack me up as well. Sure, there was a French article translated and there was a player bought for "15 Million Books". 'Livres' means both books and Pounds.

You don't win friends with salad!

Hello Jeff,

Excuse the late reply, been working and been away over thew weekend with my team Futbol Clube Benfica for an inline roller hockey tournament which we hosted in Santa Cruz...a spanish team won btw.

I no longer know which guzman it is...earlier I thought it was julian guzman who plays for saarbracken in germany? Though come to think of it someone mentioned this guzman as being a 85 born player and I assume that fella is right.

It is nice to hear from you too...we lost contact after that email rant of mine degradding the pq and their scum followers and sympathisers. Things are ok with me all things considered I hope you are well!?!? Nonetheless my team Lisbon Casuals...www.lisboncasuals.com will be going to spain, porto and the algarve for friendlies and cup matches next year...just like this year...Not certain of which city as of yet...Though going back to my inline roller hockey team we may be headed to somewhere sounding like tenerife but not the island....? and seville...Anyway the place to stay in touch with me Jeff is ICQ or MSN...28314740 for icq and msn mikeisbuff@hotmail.com I think we should email eachother again AND keep it going this time cos of our common interest in spanish football and football itself. What do you think of Camacho? And Geovanni? I am indeed a Benfica Follower and HAVE been all my life and also been a socio since I was born...I rarely missed a home match last season...and I am llooking foward to this seasons champions league campaign...Hopefully benfica will have a good run and im saving up to see some away matches in europes hotspots in spain n italy...provided benfica fare well that is. Benfica have a poor team so I doubt i will see them in the quarter finals of the CL or anything like that. Fernando Aguiar has always been a consistent footballer in the portugese superliga...he has been instrumental and a key player at all his clubs he played for apart from benfica and canada...He was ALL right for benfica...but he is not the sort of quality benfica needs to win the superliga or win the CL therefore I would sell him...along with the many fringe players benfica have on their books. Fernando Aguiar for the time being is to stay a squad player for this season...though i very much doubt he will last long as we have an excess of central midfeilders...and are looking to sell most of them.

please respond by email as i dont frequent this board

all the best

Mikey

Archived