A few Question?

George

1) Has a snr. nat. posted on this form during the past 2 years?

2) How come Fernando and Rick Titus can find the time to pay there respects to us once and while...while our own players can't seem to bother?

"A pretty move, for the love of God."

Eduardo Galeano

There used to be a bunch that would give a quick thanks after getting their Christmas cards. Franks and Pozniak both gave thanks recently. DeVos as well. Hume I'm pretty sure? My mind is terrible for remembering these sorts of things. I'm sure there is more, but I remember a certain Calgary teenager thanked us as well. Which was classy of him.

When you're outside of the program it's easier to post your views with nothing to lose. As much as we'd like it to be different, it's not really on to be chatting it up with the fans on the internet. I appreciate the ones that do and I appreciate the thanks we get, but if you meet any of the guys at a match, they seem to really appreciate us being there for them. That's plenty for me.

cheers,

matthew

The secret of life is to find moments of levity and grace in what is, ultimately, a tragedy. Watching Canadian soccer is good practice for this.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

There used to be a bunch that would give a quick thanks after getting their Christmas cards. Franks and Pozniak both gave thanks recently. DeVos as well. Hume I'm pretty sure? My mind is terrible for remembering these sorts of things. I'm sure there is more, but I remember a certain Calgary teenager thanked us as well. Which was classy of him.

When you're outside of the program it's easier to post your views with nothing to lose. As much as we'd like it to be different, it's not really on to be chatting it up with the fans on the internet. I appreciate the ones that do and I appreciate the thanks we get, but if you meet any of the guys at a match, they seem to really appreciate us being there for them. That's plenty for me.

cheers,

matthew

Agree 100%. I would also add that there is a limit to what the players can really say outside of "thanks for your support" & that sort of sentiment. As much as some of us might like the dirt, it would be extrememly tacky and un-professional in my opinion for one player to come on here ripping apart a coaching decision or a fellow teammate (potential or actual). Fortunately most (but unfortunately IMO not all) Canadian players have had the professionalism not to do that. In fact we have had the opposite - remember that we had Pieter Meuleman on this board for a while, and at the beginning he spent some defending his coach & his fellow teammates after some of the criticism they received after the U20 finals in Argentina. Anyone remember the time he came on here sticking up for Gaspare Borsellino. That's the sort of comraderie & team work that I like to see with our players. After all, there's no "I" in team.

Way to Pieter & good luck with the Olympic team!

Even the wolf can learn. Even the sheep can turn. Even the frog can become at last the prince. - Peter Hammill, Over (1977)

My first point was that Fernando has made at least two "appearances" on this board and that he deserves some respect and admiration for that.

He seems like a nice guy that genuinely wants to play for Canada. Its too bad!!

My second point sounds more antagonistic than I wanted it to. I meant no disrespect to the guys. I know that they are all class acts, its just frustrating that a Rick and Fernando post more than our own guys. I am not looking for gossip, something along the lines of Lars diary for Skysports would be great. I guess I am just jealous from the access Elaine gets at Go Big Red.

"A pretty move, for the love of God."

Eduardo Galeano

The thing about Elaine is that it's her own personal fan site and most of the players are NA-based, if not Canadian-based and the team actually plays in Canada. It's easier (though I don't want to diminsh the great lengths she goes to get the scoops she does) to do a day in the life of the team profile when they're in Ottawa or Montreal rather than in Tallinn.

cheers,

matthew

The secret of life is to find moments of levity and grace in what is, ultimately, a tragedy. Watching Canadian soccer is good practice for this.

Archived