Storm in Saskatoon Ticket Info

Gordon

Ticket Info (area code is 306)

Soccer Showcase - Professional Soccer Comes to Saskatoon

SATURDAY, JUNE 14, 2003 at 1:30 P.M. the Calgary Storm will play the Vancouver Whitecaps in a professional soccer match that you don't want to miss! The game will be held at Griffiths Stadium at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. Game sponsor is Xtratime Sports.

Ticket Prices: Adult - $10.00 Youth - $7.00 Children under 10 FREE

Group prices are available.

Tickets are available at the following locations:

Xtratime Sports Saskatoon Fastprint

331 1st Ave. N., Saskatoon 510 45th St. W., Saskatoon

244-8933 244-3988

A&B Sound Soccer Pitch

303 Pacific Ave., Saskatoon 409 Broad St., Regina

374-2544 522-2202

Saskatoon Soccer Centre Office CAA Travel

219 Primrose Drive, Saskatoon #29-2995 2nd Ave. W.

975-3400 (South Hill Mall), Prince Albert

In a World full of caterpillars it takes balls to be a butterfly.

Bit of info please.

How big are the grounds? Any ideas on the crowd expected? Very likely well come out for the match but had planned to get pickets at the gate. Don't want to have to jump any fences (misses is getting dragged along) and don't want to be left out in the cold so a bit of advise would be appreciated if you're in the know.

Tanx.

Minority of one

It appears I have that day off and after a quick discussion over a pint, I think there might be two of us coming up for it. Can we meet before the game somewhere? I think we're just there for the day. Or maybe we could go out afterwards if we can agree on somewhere.

Is Louie's open Saturday afternoons? Anything else close to Griffiths you could recommend Gordon? Not that anything is real far I suppose.

Any idea how tickets are selling?

cheers,

matthew

The secret of life is to find moments of levity and grace in what is, ultimately, a tragedy. Watching Canadian soccer is good practice for this.

http://www.sasksoccer.com/default1.html

I see that the phone numbers have screwed up in my paste job so the above is the link to the Sask Soccer Association web site. Click on Saskatoon Soccer Showcase to have a boo.

Griffiths seats 6500 although in truth, I think it would be a very tight fit. I am not sure how tickets are selling but I will ask around.

I haven't been to Louis in about a dozen years, but it was open Saturdays then, so I expect it will be these days as well. Other options are Alexander's - restaurant lounge - which is even a bit closer to Griffiths than Louis'. Also reasonably close is McGuires which is about a half dozen blocks or so from the field (on 8th) and is more of an English style pub. I think it is a brewhouse as well. There are a few restaurant lounges on 8th as well. Louis' or Alexanders would be the two closest. McGuires the more typical of the English Football experience.

So I assume that's a yes, you would like to meet before or after the game Gordon? Anyone else? Who's coming? Cheetah, Chris? Fury?

The only time I was at Griffiths it was incredibly windy. That's really all I remember. It seems like there's a lot of space to stand if you wanted to on the far side of the field, is that allowed or even common Gordon?

I'm starting to look forward to this. It'll be nice to see a good match in person again.

cheers,

matthew

The secret of life is to find moments of levity and grace in what is, ultimately, a tragedy. Watching Canadian soccer is good practice for this.

Unless lightning strikes I'm driving out friday and heading 'er back sunday. Well leave it to the flatlanders to work out the details so just point me in the direction I'm suppose to go.:)

I know I maybe bring this up a bit much but well they be selling beers at the game?:D Gotta have me a lager or two. Keeps the "vocals" good and lubricated!

Minority of one

Picked up my tickets today. 26 tickets were sold in the 5 minutes I was in the office (of course there was nobody behind me in line so it may have been an aberration.) The seller said that the tickets were selling well but she did not have an idea of how many had been sold to date. Seating is rush only.

Also, if anyone has a digital camera, please bring it. Jarrek is wanting pictures of the Stadium and while I have traditional photo's and a scanner, my e-mail software is not robust enough to be able to e-mail them.

Gordon, could you keep us posted on ticket availability right up to game-time. I'm in Edmonton, and have to work a charity auction on Friday night, the 13th, but may decide to take the Yellowhead before dawn if I can work things out homewise.

Sounds like a great event!

Friend of the family has a pretty boss digital apparently. Borrowed it now and again in the past and was intending to bring it out for the weekend. So Jarrek won't be disappointed.

Winnipeg Fury was posting on the other board a get together at the Black Duck (is that right?) if anyones willing. Before or after I don't know. Just say where and when.

Hey, any of those Cowtown bunch heading out?

Minority of one

Just thought I'd continue with a little info. borrowed from the other board.

Pre-game festivities at the "Black Duck Freehouse" at #154 2nd Avenue S. begining 11:30ish. Assuming further plans to be decided over a lager or six. I think that it was posted that the proprietors of said pub. are happy to offer Guinness on tap. We'll just have to see about that.

No idea whatsoever how far this Black Duck is from Griffiths Stadium but if any attending have room in their car for 2 more I'd like to beg a ride in advance (if it's more than a smokes walk.)

P.S. Yelling start 1:25. Kickoff 1:30

Minority of one

I'm not going to be able to take my brother to the Duck, so I think the other member of my party will join up with you guys there (I assume Fury remembers Corey from the last two WCQ in Winnipeg?). I think we'll grab some lunch and then head to the pre-match BBQ.

Post-match plans will materialize when they materialize? Are we planning on sitting together. I believe the Duck is a ways from Griffiths (as much as anything can be far away in Saskatoon, but definitely not walking distance).

In any event I'll pop into the Duck, say hello and then go from there.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Just thought I'd continue with a little info. borrowed from the other board.

Pre-game festivities at the "Black Duck Freehouse" at #154 2nd Avenue S. begining 11:30ish. Assuming further plans to be decided over a lager or six. I think that it was posted that the proprietors of said pub. are happy to offer Guinness on tap. We'll just have to see about that.

No idea whatsoever how far this Black Duck is from Griffiths Stadium but if any attending have room in their car for 2 more I'd like to beg a ride in advance (if it's more than a smokes walk.)

P.S. Yelling start 1:25. Kickoff 1:30

Minority of one

My 1963 red Austin Healey is currently disguised as a minvan :( so I will have room for passengers. Will have to swing by to pick up my kid, which will add 2 minutes onto a 5 minute trip.

Archived